Miltner Adams MA-4/II XBOND Titanium and S30V (Explosion Bonded) Limited Numbered Series #02/25 - XTMA4IIXBOND2
Gerber 31-000751 Bear Grylls Surviv…
Ontario SP10 Spec Plus Marine Raide…
KA-BAR 1217 Full Size USMC Fighting…
Cold Steel 80PGTK GI Tanto Fixed 7"…
Columbia River 2010N Crawford Kaspe…
$89.99On Sale: $25.95
Cold Steel 13RTK Recon Tanto Fixed …
$124.99On Sale: $69.95
Ontario 499 Air Force Survival Knif…
Columbia River 2910 Hisshou 13" YK-…
Ontario OKC3S Khaki Brown USMC Bayo…
Cold Steel Double Agent II Clip Poi…
United Cutlery Honshu Karambit 4" B…
XTMA4IIXBOND2: MA-4/II XBOND Limited Numbered Series
MILTNER ADAMS MA-4/II XBOND 5.25" Tactical Knife: Born Out of A Powerful Explosive Detonation
NTOA [National Tactical Officers Association] Tested & Recommended
KNIFE #02/25 2007
A Rare Opportunity From An International Award Winning Knife Designer and Maker
Explosion Bonded Titanium and steel exists in only one place on Earth: in the form of the MA-4/II XBOND Tactical Knives Limited Number Series. Only 25 of these knives were ever made (and one surviving prototype). This MA-4/II XBOND (002/25 2007) is the last available knife of the series.
A True Space-Age Material!
The MA-4/II XBOND is created from Titanium and S30V Stainless Steel Explosion Bonded at the molecular level into a single unique piece of material. As a result, the MA-4/II XBOND Tactical Knife has the tough edge holding capabilities of the S30V stainless steel for its razor sharp blade edge, and the lightness and elasticity of the titanium for the knife body and non-cutting edge area of the blade.
Steel and titanium cannot be forged, so the Explosion Bonded process is the only way to merge these two dissimilar metals into one, and only one aerospace company had the know-how to do it. The Explosion Bonding process has existed for many years in the aerospace industry, but never before or since has titanium and steel been Explosion Bonded.
Shown in the images section is the raw, and very hot, MA-4/II XBOND blade material shortly after the bonding detonation. The first five prototype MA-4/II Tactical knives were made from this very first piece of Explosion Bonded titanium and stainless steel in April - May 2007. The explosives are place directly on top of the two pieces of material. The blast marks are clearly visible and the material is warped from the extreme force and heat of the explosion. Also shown is a magnified cross-section view of a different piece of Explosion Bonded material, where you can see the layers of different metals now bonded as one, creating metal like no other in existence.
- The MA-4/II XBOND has the tough edge holding capabilities of the S30V stainless steel for its razor sharp blade edge, and the lightness and elasticity of the titanium for the knife body and non-cutting edge area of the blade.
- HollowFlat(TM) Blade - Easy to re-sharpen, just sharpen on the flat side only. The special hollow grind with built in guide and zero degree bevel make for perfect sharpening every time. No fancy sharpeners or guides needed.
- Top Grip(TM) Handle - Secure grip with Hands-Free action.
- Hand-sculpted Ironwood handle grips
- Tungsten Carbide glass breaker.
- Black DLC (Carbon Like Coating)
- Heavy-Duty Versatile Sheath attaches almost anywhere you want - Right or left hand use, automatic retention with safety release button. Diamond sharpener mounted on sheath, and a removable/adjustable clip so you can configure to your personal carry preference.
- Display case and signed certificate.
- Designer: Richard Miltner
- Overall Length: 210 mm / 8.25"
- Weight: 104 g / 3.6 oz
- Blade Type: HollowFlat (TM)
- Harden: 56-58 Rc.
- Blade Length: 135 mm / 5.25"
- Blade Thickness: 6.4 mm / 0.25"
- Coating: Black DLC [Diamond Like Carbon]
- Heavy-Duty Construction
- Auto-Lock Retention
- Diamond Sharpener
- Removable/Adjustable Clip
- Made in USA
A hardened wear and corrosion resistant stainless steel developed in collaboration with Chris Reeve. It is known for its improved sharpness and toughness. This is a premium grade steel only used in high end knives. Composition: Carbon 1.45%, Chromium 14.00%, Vanadium 4.00%, Molybdenum 2.00%
This product is USA born and raised.
Durable, flexible, abrasion and mildew resistant, and high strength.
Provides a traditional, natural look and feel to a modern tool. Wood absorbs shock well and is popular in axe handles.