- One-Hand Ambidextrous Function
- Profiled Handle Shape for Solid Grip
- High Bevel S30V Premium Steel Blade
- Reversible Deep Pocket Steel Carry-Clip
- Country of Origin: USA
- Blade Length: 3.40"
- Blade Thickness: 0.121"
- Blade Material: S30V Stainless Steel*
- Blade Hardness: 58-60 HRC
- Blade Style: Utility Drop-Point; Ambidextrous Dual Thumb-Studs
- Weight: 5.90 oz.
- Clip: Black, Deep Pocket, Tip-Up
- Lock Mechanism: AXIS**
- Overall Length: 8.50"
- Closed Length: 5.10"
An American made and developed premium grade stainless steel created especially for knives. It is a powder made steel with a uniform carbide distribution and clean steel properties. As a blade material it offers excellent corrosion resistance and superb edge qualities. **AXIS®
A patented Benchmade exclusive, AXIS has been turning heads and winning fans ever since its introduction. A 100-percent ambidextrous design, AXIS gets its function from a small, hardened steel bar which rides forward and back in a slot machined into both steel liners. The bar extends to both sides of the knife, spanning the liners and positioned over the rear of the blade. It engages a ramped, tang portion of the knife blade when it is opened. Two omega style springs, one on each liner, give the locking bar it’s inertia to engage the knife tang, and as a result the tang is wedged solidly between a sizable stop pin and the AXIS bar itself.