Aroundsquare AO2 Orange Everyman AL Hardcore Begleri with 6 Micro Hydras
AO2EMALHDCOR: Everyman AL Hardcore Begleri, Orange with 6 Micro Hydras
The Everyman series is Aroundsquare's most refined begleri design to date. The design of the beads is simple and intentionally "average", hence the Everyman name. It borrows some of the best elements of both the Titans and the Hydras, and integrates them in a fresh shape. It's bigger than one and smaller than the other. It's nothing bizarre. It's just normal. It's average. It's the Everyman.
The Everyman bead design updates the shape of the conventional "Standard Issue" Greek begleri for modern technical begleri play. The sloping top of the beads helps prevent the string from jamming up during rolls, like the rounded tops of the Titans. Like the Hydras, it features straight angles which help with grip and bead control, as well as a compact size which makes the beads nimble during play. While the beads are relatively small, at 0.67" x 0.67" (17 mm x 17mm), they feel substantial in the hand due to the angles and carry good weight.
The Everyman AL Hardcore series is precision machined from high-quality aluminum. The AL Hardcore series is Hardcore Compatible, meaning they have a sufficient internal space to house the beads of the Hardcore Gut System. This allows players to customize the weight of their setup. The AL Hardcore Orange, Blue, and Grey beads weigh in at just 0.18 ounces (5.0 g) on their own, meaning most players are going to want to use them with the configurable Hardcore Gut System beads. These sets ship with six Micro Hydras, which fit neatly inside the Everyman casing, giving a total combined weight of 0.53 ounces (14.9 g).
- Single Aluminum Orange/Blue/Grey Everyman bead: 0.18 oz. (5.0 g)
- Single Copper Micro Hydra bead: 0.12 oz. (3.5 g)
- Single Brass Micro Hydra bead: 0.12 oz. (3.3 g)
- Single Stainless Steel Micro Hydra bead: 0.11 oz. (3.1 g)
- Total weight per end if all beads used: 0.53 oz. (14.9 g)
- Relatively soft and light metal, will scratch and ding, especially with hard use and drops
- Anodized coatings increases surface hardness, and will not tarnish or patina with normal use, but will scratch and wear
- Pretty much odorless
- Compatible with AO2's Hardcore Gut System and ships with 2 copper Micro Hydras, 2 brass Micro Hydras, and 2 stainless steel Micro Hydras (6 total)
- Dimensions: 0.67" x 0.67" (17 mm x 17 mm)
- Material: Aluminum
- Finish: Orange
- Weight: 1.10 oz. (31 g)
- Made in Canada
Semi-Custom or Mid-Tech knives are knives produced by a process in which the designer has more direct--but not complete--involvement; parts of these knives may still have been made by others.