Aroundsquare AO2 Everyman Brass Begleri with 4 Micro Hydras
AO2EMBRS: Everyman Brass Begleri with 4 Micro Hydras
The Everyman series is Aroundsquare's most refined begleri design to date. The design of the beads is simple and intentionally "average", hence the Everyman name. It borrows some of the best elements of both the Titans and the Hydras, and integrates them in a fresh shape. It's bigger than one and smaller than the other. It's nothing bizarre. It's just normal. It's average. It's the Everyman.
The Everyman bead design updates the shape of the conventional "Standard Issue" Greek begleri for modern technical begleri play. The sloping top of the beads helps prevent the string from jamming up during rolls, like the rounded tops of the Titans. Like the Hydras, it features straight angles which help with grip and bead control, as well as a compact size which makes the beads nimble during play. While the beads are relatively small, at 0.67" x 0.67" (17 mm x 17mm), they feel substantial in the hand due to the angles and carry good weight.
The Everyman Heavy Metal series includes Copper, Brass, and Stainless Steel models. All three are Hardcore Compatible, meaning they have a sufficient internal space to house the beads of the Hardcore Gut System. This allows players to customize the weight of their setup. It is worth noting, however, that the Heavy Metal beads are all sufficiently heavy to play very well on their own (freeing up the four included Micro Hydras for other purposes).
- Single Brass Everyman bead: 0.50 oz. (14.1 g)
- Single Copper Micro Hydra bead: 0.10 oz. (3.0 g)
- Single Stainless Steel Micro Hydra bead: 0.09 oz. (2.6 g)
- Total weight per end if all beads used: 0.65 oz. (19.7 g)
- Fairly soft.. will ding and scratch (harder than copper but softer than steel and titanium)
- Natural patina will darken over time
- Smells like brass
- Compatible with AO2's Hardcore Gut System, and ships with 2 copper Micro Hydras, and 2 stainless steel Micro Hydras (4 total)
- Dimensions: 0.67" x 0.67" (17 mm x 17 mm)
- Material: Brass
- Finish: Natural
- Weight: 1.40 oz. (39 g)
- Made in Canada
Semi-Custom or Mid-Tech knives are knives produced by a process in which the designer has more direct--but not complete--involvement; parts of these knives may still have been made by others.