Benchmade Gold Class 485-171 Valet AXIS Folding Knife 2.96" Ladder Damasteel Plain Blade, Blue-Violet Anodized Titanium Handles
BM485171: 485-171 Valet - Gold Class
The Valet is reborn as a work of art in this exclusive, titanium Gold Class knife. The Valet is a medium size folder and a great choice for everyday carry. It features a 2.96" Ladder Damasteel blade and blue-violet contoured titanium handles. Solid AXIS lock lockup and a reversible deep-pocket carry clip. The 485 Valet is just a great overall choice for anyone looking for a quality knife with premium materials and quality craftsmanship.
The AXIS Lock mechanism is a patented Benchmade exclusive and has been turning heads and winning fans ever since its introduction. A 100-percent ambidextrous design, AXIS gets its function from a small, hardened steel bar which rides forward and back in a slot machined into both steel liners. The bar extends to both sides of the knife, spans the liners, and is positioned over the rear of the blade. It engages a ramped, tang portion of the knife blade when it is opened. Two omega style springs, one on each liner, give the locking bar its inertia to engage the knife tang. As a result, the tang is wedged solidly between a sizable stop pin and the AXIS bar itself.
- AXIS lock
- Drop point
- Ladder pattern Damasteel (58-60HRC)
- Blue-violet anodized billet titanium with diamond-like carbon (DLC) coated stainless steel liners
- Damasteel backspacer, matching anodized titanium thumbstub, and DLC coated reversible tip-up deep-carry pocket clip
- Blade Length: 2.96" (7.52 cm)
- Closed Length: 3.73" (9.47 cm)
- Overall Length: 6.69" (16.99 cm)
- Blade Material: Ladder Pattern Damasteel
- Blade Thickness: 0.1" (2.54 mm)
- Blade Hardness: 58-60HRC
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Acid Etched
- Handle Material: Titanium
- Handle Thickness: 0.47" (11.938 mm)
- Liner Material: Stainless Steel
- Locking Mechanism: AXIS
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right/Left Carry
- Weight: 2.82 oz. (79.95 g)
- Made in the USA
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
A nonferrous metal, it's prized for its high strength to weight ratio and is often used on higher end knives.
This product is USA born and raised.
A layered steel that can be either carbon or stainless. The finished blade is acid etched to give it a unique design. Damascus is known for its toughness, and edge holding capabilities.
Cold Steel 95FB Pocket Bushman Fold…
Spyderco C81GP2 Paramilitary 2 Fold…
Spyderco C101GP2 Manix 2 Folding Kn…
Spyderco C81GPCMO2 Paramilitary 2 F…
Spyderco C81GPBK2 Paramilitary 2 Fo…
Spyderco C81GPCMOBK2 Paramilitary 2…
Benchmade 940 Osborne Folding Knife…
Spyderco C85GP2 Yojimbo 2 Folding K…
Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn Covert F…
Benchmade 581 Barrage AXIS-Assisted…
Benchmade 585 Mini-Barrage AXIS-Ass…