Benchmade 556-1701 Limited Edition Mini Griptilian 2.91" CPM-20CV Satin Drop Point Plain Blade, Titanium Handles with Wood Inlays, Brass Fittings
BM5561701: 556-1701 Mini Griptilian
The Griptilian is born of custom knifemaker Mel Pardue's passion for functional designs. You release the creature's ferocity with a thumb stud. At the very heart of the Griptilian is the exclusive AXIS locking mechanism. This modern marvel gives life to a cutting tool like you have never experienced before, especially in a lightweight folder. Rock-solid ambidextrous function is sure to tame the most die-hard of traditionalists. With the 556-1701, Benchmade welcomes in a beautifully upgraded Mini Griptilian combining precision machined titanium alongside wood and brass details. This limited edition is individually numbered and features CPM-20CV stainless steel. CPM-20CV is virtually identical in chemical composition to Benchmade's current M390 steel but is made in the USA by Niagara as opposed to Bohler, which is based Austria. It offers better edge retention but is not quite as tough to sharpen as M390.
- AXIS Lock Mechanism
- CPM-20CV Super Premium Stainless Steel (59-61HRC) Drop Point Blade
- Sandblasted Titanium with Stabilized Wood Inlay
- Brass Thumb Studs and Barrel Spacers with a Smoked Gray DLC
- Split Arrow Reversible Tip-Up Pocket Clip
- Blade Length: 2.91"
- Blade Thickness: 0.100"
- Blade Material: CPM-20CV Stainless Steel
- Blade Hardness: 59-61HRC
- Blade Style: 551 Modified Drop-Point; Ambidextrous Thumb-Studs
- Weight: 3.61 oz.
- Clip: Split Arrow, Reversible, Tip-Up
- Lock Mechanism: AXIS
- Overall Length: 6.78"
- Closed Length: 3.87"
- Handle Thickness: 0.431"
- Class: Blue
- Made in the USA