Benchmade 698-181 Gold Class Foray AXIS Folding Knife 3.22" Loki Damasteel Blade, Marbled Carbon Fiber Handles with Mother of Pearl Inlays
BM698181: 698-181 Gold Class Foray
Producing high-quality, handcrafted products is a collaborative enterprise and one at which Benchmade excels. Featuring marbled carbon fiber, mother of pearl, custom anodized accents, diamond-like carbon (DLC) coated hardware and an exclusive Loki patterned Damasteel blade, this unique addition to the Gold Class line has all the qualities of a true art knife.
A patented Benchmade exclusive, AXIS has been turning heads and winning fans ever since its introduction. A 100 percent ambidextrous design, AXIS gets its function from a small, hardened steel bar that rides forward and back in a slot machined into both steel liners. The bar extends to both sides of the knife, spans the liners and is positioned over the rear of the blade. It engages a ramped tang portion of the knife blade when it is opened. Two omega-style springs, one on each liner, give the locking bar its inertia to engage the knife tang. As a result, the tang is wedged solidly between a sizable stop pin and the AXIS bar itself.
- Loki patterned Damasteel drop point blade exclusive to Benchmade (58-60HRC)
- Marbled carbon fiber handle with mother of pearl inlays and DLC Coated stainless steel liners
- Custom anodized thumb stud and barrel spacers
- AXIS lock mechanism
- DLC coated hardware
- Reversible tip-up DLC coated deep-carry pocket clip
- Blade Length: 3.22"
- Closed Length: 4.15"
- Overall Length: 7.34"
- Blade Material: Loki Damasteel
- Blade Thickness: 0.137"
- Blade Hardness: 58-60HRC
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Mirror Polish then Acid Etch
- Handle Thickness: 0.56"
- Handle Material: Marbled Carbon Fiber with Mother of Pearl Inlays and DLC Coated Stainless Steel Liners
- Locking Mechanism: AXIS Lock
- Pocket Clip: Deep-Carry Tip-Up, Right/Left
- Weight: 3.46 oz.
- Designer: Benchmade
- Made in the USA
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
Very strong and lightweight material. Provides an upscale and modern feel.
This product is USA born and raised.
A layered steel that can be either carbon or stainless. The finished blade is acid etched to give it a unique design. Damascus is known for its toughness, and edge holding capabilities.