Buck 060 Buck/Hood Hoodlum Fixed 10" Carbon Steel Blade, Micarta Handles - 3648
BU0060BKSBH: 060 Buck/Hood Hoodlum
The Hoodlum is built to be the ultimate survival tool. Based on Ron Hood’s design and built to Buck’s quality standards, the Hoodlum helps ensure survival in extreme conditions. It is light enough to carry in a sheath, but heavy duty enough for any task out in the wilderness. The handle is built with a Shock Mitigation System (SMS) to reduce shock and wasted energy when chopping. It has a large finger choil for providing control while whittling or other detailed activities. A notch is cut into the blade spine for scoring bone, bending wire, removing pots from a camp fire, or other small tasks. Also, the Micarta® handles can be removed to create a spear by lashing a branch to the tang of the blade. There is an integrated hammer and lanyard hole in the butt of the handle and it comes with a M.O.L.L.E. compatible, heavy-duty nylon sheath. The Hoodlum will serve all your survival needs from protection to food prep while out in the wilderness.
Ron Hood - Wilderness Video Producer and Publisher
Ron Hood cultivated his early wilderness interests as a member of the Military Intelligence Community while in the Army Security Agency (ASA). Ron spent a year at a remote outpost in the Middle East and nearly 18 months on the ground in Vietnam. After his four years of military service he completed his MS and his doctoral studies and for over 20 years taught accredited classes in Wilderness Skills at UCLA, Cal State Northridge and Antelope Valley College. He also authored numerous articles for national magazines and published a Guidebook to the Sierra Nevada of California. Ron has spent much of his time practicing and studying skills with native populations around the world, most recently in Romania where he studied ancient bronze making and hiked the Carpathian mountains. Ron has been featured in dozens of TV programs including Backpacker Magazines "Anyplace Wild", Myth Busters, Ultimate Survival, Nickelodeon and Japanese Televisions NHK network as well as many others. Along with his wife Karen, Ron has produced 28 award winning survival training videos that are widely considered to be the best survival training aids in the world with tens of thousands of military and civilian customers located around the globe. Ron has solo trekked across the Andes as well as led two long term expeditions to reach, research and film the isolated Chapra/Candoshi tribes of Peru. Ron and Karen are the publishers of Survival Quarterly Magazine that specializes in all forms of survival and preparedness. Ron and his adventurous wife, Karen, have a 7-year-old son Jesse who shares their love of all things wild.
- PRO LEVEL: Taking a century’s worth of knife craftsmanship to an unprecedented level, our Pro Level knives are designed and crafted to be used in the most demanding situations. Premium materials and revolutionary designs are combined with the highest quality American craftsmanship. The result is a superior knife that discerning users can rely on in any situation.
- Blade: 10.0" (25.5 cm), survival straight clip, 5160 steel with a powder coat finish for corrosion resistance
- Thickness: 0.220"
- Length: 15 1/2" (39.4 cm) overall
- Weight: 14.6 oz. (414.0 g), 22.0 oz. (624 g) carry weight
- Handle: Removable Black Linen Micarta® handle scales
- Sheath: Heavy-duty nylon, M.O.L.L.E. compatible with leg strap cord and front storage carry pouch
- Features: Handle SMS system, large forward finger choil, blade groove, hammer and lanyard hole
- Pro Level
- Made in USA