Buck 650 Nighthawk Fixed Blade Knife 6.5" 420HC Black Cerakote Clip Point, Black Rubberized Nylon Handles, Polypropylene Sheath - 12222
BU0650GYS: 650 Nighthawk Fixed
The Nighthawk owes its heritage to Buck's experience of making knives for the U.S. military. Fixed-blade knives are the most durable and reliable for hard use in demanding situations and the Nighthawk was designed with this type of mission in mind. Based on Buck's long time line of Nighthawks, this is a serious tactical knife made to withstand the rigors of extreme activities, harsh conditions and extended exposure to the elements. Buck Knives worked diligently to make this a knife that won't tire you out under prolonged use. When survival is part of the equation, this is the knife to have at your side.
The steel behind the blades
Buck is a market leader in edge retention thanks to their steel selections and heat treat process pioneered by Paul Bos, whose heat treating system has proven to the best in the business. Each blade is put through a rigorous heat treat process and quality performance test then is tempered to the appropriate Rockwell Hardness through a heating, freezing and reheating system. This process, along with attention to detail through grinding and hand edging, is the foundation of Buck’s Edge2X technology. This gives you longer edge life, ease of resharpening and a blade that will not fail you.
420HC is Buck’s standard steel with great edge retention and corrosion resistance. This industry standard is easily resharpened. For best performance, Buck hardens to a standard Rc 58-60.
Dependability is at the heart of everything that is Buck. Their loyalists expect no-nonsense practicality, and their Avid Level knives define this characteristic. Designed for functionality and crafted from high-quality materials, these knives deliver consistent reliability under rigorous use. Designed and handcrafted in the USA.
- 420HC stainless steel blade
- Corrosion resistant, non-reflective Cerakote finish
- Reinforced, molded nylon handle for extreme use
- Rubberized handle surface for sure grip
- Deep finger groove guard and thumb ramp for ultimate control and safety
- Heavy-duty, black polypropylene sheath, MOLLE compatible
- Advanced Edge2x blade technology
- Forever Warranty
- Product Level: Avid Level
- Blade Length: 6.5" (16.5 cm)
- Overall Length: 11.25" (28.6 cm)
- Blade Style: Clip Point
- Blade Steel: 420HC Stainless Steel
- Blade Finish: Black Cerakote
- Steel Hardness: 58-60 HRC
- Blade Thickness: 0.235"
- Handle Material: Black Rubberized Nylon
- Sheath Material: Polypropylene
- Weight: 10.0 oz. without sheath, 15.4 oz. with sheath
- Made in USA
UPC Code: 033753151224
A nylon polymer that is lightweight and extremely durable, Zytel can be shaped and textured to provide excellent grip.
This product is USA born and raised.