Buck 863 Selkirk Survival Knife Fixed 4.625" Blade, Brown Micarta Handles - 10180
Named after the rugged Selkirk Mountain Range beginning in the Northern Panhandle of Idaho, the Selkirk is a midsized knife with added features to help maximize survival in rugged and tough conditions. This multifunctional survival knife has added features to enhance survival when it matters most. In addition to the 420HC steel blade, the Selkirk features a Micarta handle with steel bolsters (rear bolsters can be used as improvised hammer), and a heavy duty belt sheath that can be configured for horizontal or vertical carry. Included with the sheath is a fire starter/safety whistle.
- 2.25" Ferrocerium Striker with whistle integrated in the grip. Rear bolster can be used as an improvised hammer.
- Blade Length: 4.625" (11.7 cm)
- Handle Length: 4.87 (12.38 cm)
- Overall Length: 9.5" (24.1 cm)
- Blade Steel: 420HC
- Thickness: 0.135"
- Handle Material: Brown and Black CNC contoured Micarta with steel bolsters
- Sheath Material: Injected molded nylon. Can be configured into horizontal or vertical belt carry.
- Weight: 7.6 oz.
- Made in China
Waterproof, scratch resistant, and low friction. It will hold its shape and makes a great alternative to leather.
Micarta is a compressed layered composite sealed within a thermosetting plastic which creates a strong, attractive material that is impervious to water.