Bubba Blade Skinning Fixed Blade Knife 4" Satin with Gut Hook, Red TPR Handle, Black Nylon Sheath - BB1-GH
BUB1GH: 4" Gut Hook Fixed Blade Knife
Bubba Blade is proud to offer the ultimate tool for the hunter. The 4" high-carbon stainless steel blade is complemented by a carefully engineered gut hook that eases the task of field dressing. The famous big-red no-slip handle has been shortened to 5", creating a compact knife to easily carry on your belt or in your pack. The Gut Hook is the ultimate blade for the hunter working in the field.
Bubba Blade looked into what kind of metal is used on the most expensive knives and discovered that not all stainless steel is created equally. There are many factors involved in steel-making, and you need high-end steel to keep a sharp edge on a knife.
After months of research, they went with 8Cr13MoV stainless steel. They felt that it was the best steel on the planet for what fishermen and hunters want. This is a high carbon stainless steel with a Rockwell rating for hardness of 56-58, which is typically found in much more expensive knives. Simply put, this steel is the best they could find that would hold a razor sharp edge longer and take an edge when resharpening it.
All Bubba Blades are sharpened by hand at the factory to razor sharpness. For good measure, they coated the blade with a non-stick surface that is bonded with titanium that will help prevent rusting & pitting and let the meat slide off the blade effortlessly.
- 4" blade with 5" handle for an overall length of 9"
- Full tang construction made from a single piece of steel provides strength and stability while balancing the knife
- Trigger grip lets you put some heat on the knife when needed
- Thumb & finger pads ensure total control
- Safety guards for protection
- High carbon stainless steel
- Large patented textured no-slip-grip handle made from thermoplastic polymer then wrapped with a special synthetic rubber for outstanding grip security
- Factory sharpened skinning blade with gut hook
- Rockwell hardness rating 56-58
- Custom black nylon sheath
- Blade Length: 4.00"
- Cutting Edge: 3.88"
- Overall Length: 9.00"
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Hardness: 56-58
- Blade Style: Gut Hook
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Handle Material: Rubberized Thermoplastic Polymer
- Handle Length: 5.00"
- Sheath Material: Black Nylon
- Made in China
UPC Code: 019962430046
Durable, flexible, abrasion and mildew resistant, Nylon also is very strong
A nylon polymer that is lightweight and extremely durable, Zytel can be shaped and textured to provide excellent grip.
An affordable medium carbon stainless steel with a good balance of edge holding and corrosion resistance properties.