Columbia River CRKT 2042 Kommer Free Range Hunter Fixed 4.25" Drop Point Blade with Guthook, Nylon Sheath
CR2042: Free Range Hunter Drop Point/Gut Hook Fixed Blade - Designed by Russ Kommer
As a longtime Alaskan hunting and fishing guide, custom knife-maker Russ Kommer has pretty much seen it all over the years when it comes to outdoor knives. Outdoorsmen choose their particular knives based on a variety of reasons from function, feel, looks, and overall value considerations—which is exactly where the Free Range Hunters come in. This series of fixed blades and lockback folding hunting knives feature high hollow ground blades in clip and drop point blade styles.
Handles are comfortably shaped and the optimally sized finger grooves help to provide grip confidence equally well for both large, or small hands. A double injection mold process of both hard and soft polymers creates an ideal all-weather, textured handle surface. All Free Range hunting knives come with their own high strength nylon fabric belt sheaths for convenient, comfortable carry.
If you are the type that enjoys adventuring outdoors, you owe it to yourself to have the right cutting tool to make life outdoors more enjoyable. The Free Range™ Hunter series of hunting knives is destined to be a part of many an outdoor adventure for years to come!
- A mulit-function, reinforced nylon fabric sheath design adds to the overall function of these great knives.
- Injection molded handles are designed for confident, all-weather grip.
- A high-hollow ground, clip-point blade style is a great choice for a variety of outdoor cutting tasks.
- The choice of a gut hook provides hunters an easy and effective way to dress game animals.
- 2042: Free Ranger Hunter Fixed Blade
- Razor-Sharp Cutting Edge with Gut Hook, Injection Molded Handle
- Length: 4.25" (108 mm)
- Thickness: 0.135" (3.4 mm)
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, 58-59 HRC
- Overall length: 9.0625" (230 mm)
- 3.6 oz. (102 g)
- Reinforced Nylon Fabric, Belt-Carry Style with Snap Closure and a Secondary Pocket on Front
- Made in China
UPC Code: 794023204209
A nylon polymer that is lightweight and extremely durable, Zytel can be shaped and textured to provide excellent grip.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
Durable, flexible, abrasion and mildew resistant, Nylon also is very strong