Columbia River CRKT 5042 Limited Edition Dew Hara Hirin Flipper Knife 3.39" M390 Satin Plain Blade, Blue and Bronze Titanium Handles
CR5042: Limited Edition 5042 Dew Hara Hirin Folding Knife
We're pretty sure it doesn't have superpowers but you can't tell just from a glance. Designer Dew Hara laughs in the face of the status quo and we take his Hirin limited edition folding knife as all the proof we need. This exclusive creation is built with premium materials in Maniago, Italy and limited to only 500 pieces. And if by chance, the knife itself doesn't have superpowers, the effect it has when you pull it out of your pocket surely will.
For many years, Dew Hara of Seki, Japan was a web developer and spent much of his childhood enthralled with Japanese anime. But his family's knife-designing roots run deep and—following the footsteps of his world-famous father Koji Hara—Dew entered the world of knife design. Channeling his varied background, Dew dreamt up the Hirin, a daring design that features perfectly balanced cutouts in the spear point blade and handle. This limited-edition design uses Bohler M390 blade steel and two-tone 6A'4V titanium for the handles. A flipper starts the smooth action of the IKBS ball bearing pivot system around the detailed pivot point and a liner lock keeps it in place.
The Hirin hits the mark between Japanese perfection and otherworldly style.
- Limited Edition: 500 Units
- Well Built: Made in Italy
- Premium Materials: M390 blade steel with a titanium handle
- Fast Opening: flipper with IKBS ball bearing pivot deploys the blade fast
- Blade Length: 3.39" (86.11 mm)
- Closed Length: 5.26" (133.53 mm)
- Overall Length: 8.69" (220.68 mm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.120" (3.05 mm)
- Blade Material: Bohler M390 Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Spear Point
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Handle Material: 6Al4V Titanium
- Locking Mechanism: Liner Lock
- Pivot Assembly: IKBS Bearings
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right/Left Carry
- Includes Leather Knife Pouch
- Weight: 5.90 oz. (167.26 g)
- Designer: Dew Hara
- Made in Maniago, Italy by LionSteel