Columbia River CRKT 6540 Eric Ochs Chehalem Folding Knife 2.769" Satin Clip Point Blade, Hammered Stainless Steel Handles
CR6540: 6540 Chehalem, Designed by Eric Ochs
Built on Bald Peak. For an inspired designer, even discarded tools from the neighbor's garage can spark a big idea. Antique hammerheads influence the handle design of the Chehalem everyday carry folding knife. But while the handle may be fit to become an heirloom, the blade is all business.
Eric Ochs grew up on Bald Peak, the highest point in the Chehalem Mountains. Now, from his nearby shop in Sherwood, Oregon, he has designed a knife to pay homage to his childhood home. In his younger years, he would accompany his grandfather on his hunt for antique hammers. Each had a weathered, textured look that inspired the well-loved aesthetic of the Chehalem handle.
The sleek clip point blade perfectly balances the antique look and is highly versatile with a deep belly and a fine point for detailed cutting. A prominent thumb hole defines the satin-brushed blade and, once open, a frame lock holds it securely in place. The Chehalem might be built on memories, but it's designed for the now.
- Sharp Blade Tip for Detailed Cutting
- Stainless Steel Handle with a Hammered Like Texture for Grip
- Frame Lock Secures the Blade in the Open Position
- Blade Length: 2.769" (70.33 mm)
- Closed Length: 3.667" (93.14 mm)
- Overall Length: 6.375" (161.93 mm)
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.128" (3.25 mm)
- Blade Style: Clip Point
- Blade Grind: Hollow
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Handle Material: Hammered 2Cr13 Stainless Steel
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Pocket Clip: Deep Carry (Tip-Up, Right Carry)
- Weight: 3.8 oz. (107.73 g)
- Designer: Eric Ochs
- Made in China
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
Stainless Steel knife handles provide strength and durability and look and feel great.
An affordable medium carbon stainless steel with a good balance of edge holding and corrosion resistance properties.
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
$79.99 On Sale: $39.95
$69.99 On Sale: $39.95
$59.99 On Sale: $24.95