Curtiss Knives ODT Original Dog Tag Flipper Knife 1" Stonewashed CTS-XHP Square Tanto Blade, Stonewashed TACMOD Titanium Handles, Torched Hardware
DCKODTFTMSWTH: ODT Original Dog Tag Folding Knife, Stonewashed TACMOD
The ODT Original Dog Tag Flipper is a project Dave has worked on since he originally came up with the design in September of 2011. The ODT has had many changes to get to this point. The knife started life as a very thin liner lock style folder. During the years it has been a friction folder, liner lock, frame lock and finally a frame lock flipper. After this many years, Dave can finally say the knife is fully developed. Prototypes were tested for 3 months by several knife enthusiast and it passed their tests with flying colors. So with that being said, we are proud to present you the final version of the ODT Flipper.
The Curtiss Knives ODT is exactly the dimensions of a regulation dog tag. It is made using CTS-XHP stainless steel, caged bearings, and the Curtiss Knives patented S.P.O.T. Pivot system. This non-adjustable system provides fast, smooth action and tight lockup without fear of debris becoming an issue. The blade of the ODT is reminiscent of the John Graham Razel, like a cross between a razor and a chisel or in terms of knife blades, a Wharncliffe and a tanto. The main edge is completely flat, like a Wharncliffe, with a strong, reinforced tip like a tanto. This blade can do it all...and darn well! There is no pocket clip on this knife. It fits perfectly in the watch pocket of your jeans and includes a lanyard slot for easy retrieval. The design combines several integral parts of a high-quality flipper into one piece for a cleaner and more sleek appearance and comes with a full lifetime warranty.
- Full titanium frame lock. Each titanium slab is 0.16" thick.
- S.P.O.T. pivot system. Stop pin over travel. This pivot is locked into place with the stop pin on the lock side to prevent rotation and provides lock bar over travel protection.
- Blade finish is blasted then stonewashed.
- Hidden high strength hardened stop pin.
- Shouldered stainless steel standoffs.
- Caged bearing system for ultra smooth and quick operation.
- Blade Length: 1.0"
- Blade Width: 1.0"
- Closed Length: 2.0"
- Overall Length: 3.0"
- Blade Material: CTS-XHP Stainless Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.160"
- Blade Style: Square Tanto
- Blade Grind: Flat
- Blade Finish: Stonewash
- Handle Material: Stonewashed 6Al4V Titanium, TACMOD
- Handle Thickness: 0.51"
- Locking Mechanism: Frame
- Pivot Assembly: Caged Bearings
- Pocket Clip: None
- Weight: 2.2 oz.
- Designer: Dave Curtiss
- Torched Titanium Hardware
- Handmade in the USA