Dogwood Custom Knives Kephart 5.25" CPM-154 Fixed Blade, Glow-In-The-Dark Green Firefly Handles, Leather Sheath - KnifeCenter Exclusive Launch
DOGKEP154FF02: CPM-154 Kephart, Glow-In-The-Dark Firefly Handles (Green)
Dogwood Custom Knives
This is the knife Horace Kephart would have made if he had access to modern materials.
Countless makers have created a "Kephart" knife, but none have been this authentic before. Dogwood Custom Knives based their version on measurements taken from an original Colclesser Bros. Kephart knife, making a few minor tweaks along the way, so that everyone can enjoy this influential design as it was originally intended.
When Kephart took to the woods, he needed one knife to do it all, and this is what he came up with.
The spear point blade is 5-inches long and is perfect for everything from food prep to skinning to carving wood. Thanks to modern particle steel, the blade can be kept thin for effortless cutting, and a long swedge along the spine helps the blade to move efficiently through soft materials. A small section at the back of the spine is left crisp for striking a firesteel.
As soon as you hold the knife you can tell that it is eager to cut, thanks to the perfect balance and keen edge. The handle profile fills the hand very nicely, and a swell at the front provides a great pinch point for when precision is needed. Completing the package is a high-quality leather sheath from JRE Industries.
About Dan Eastland / Dogwood Custom Knives
In what he calls "the easiest hard decision I've ever had to make," Dan Eastland made the choice to leave school to care for his family. When he found himself needing a creative outlet, he combined his Army and Engineering experience with a love of working with his hands and a passion for knives. After apprenticing with some of the best in the business, Dogwood Custom Knives was born. Drawing inspiration from the best historical patterns, Eastland combines eye catching and innovative handle materials with the best modern steels available, allowing his blades to be thinner, stronger, and more efficient than ever before. In addition to fully handmade customs, Dogwood has also released a “House Line” of production and mid-tech blades, still made in the USA, allowing even more to afford their high-performing designs.
- Includes Matching Firesteel
- About "Firefly" Glow-In-The-Dark Material
- After nearly losing a knife at dusk during a hunting trip, Dogwood Custom Knives' Dan Eastland decided he wanted a knife handle that would glow in the dark. When he wasn’t satisfied with anything on the market, he knew had to create something new.
- The result is his proprietary Firefly material, featuring stabilized, glowing stones suspended in resin. Thirty minutes of direct sunlight will cause the stones to glow for 8-10 hours, meaning the Firefly will be still be glowing long after sundown.
- The unique construction of Firefly nets it another advantage. Because more surface area is exposed to UV light, the handles shine even brighter than other glow materials on the market.
- Blade Length: 5.25"
- Cutting Edge: 5.125"
- Handle Length: 4.5"
- Overall Length: 9.75"
- Blade Material: CPM-154 Stainless
- Blade Thickness: 0.12"
- Blade Style: Spear Point
- Blade Grind: Convex
- Blade Finish: Hand-rubbed Satin
- Handle Material: Green Firefly (Glow-In-The-Dark)
- Handle Thickness: 0.7"
- Liner Material: Black and White G10
- Sheath: Brown Leather
- Weight: 7 oz.
- Made in USA
- Specs may vary slightly due to the handmade nature of these knives