Grant & Gavin Hawk Custom Deadlock Batch 7 Model B OTF AUTO 3.46" CPM-20CV Double Edge Dagger Blade, Marble Carbon Fiber and Titanium Handles
GGHDLMCFDE7: Custom Deadlock Batch 7 Model B OTF Auto, Marble Carbon Fiber
Grant & Gavin Hawk Design
Every batch of Deadlocks has started with a goal. The first prototypes had a singular goal of locking up solid. The goal of Batch 1 and Batch 2 was the ease of manufacture, which came in the form of simplification. Batch 3 was again ease of manufacture, with an added focus on the ability for the user to take the knife apart for cleaning. Batch 2 is fairly easy to take apart, while Batch 1 and the prototypes are best sent back in when the time comes.
In Batch 4 and 5, Grant and Gavin focused on the number of overall cycles, smoothness, ease of user disassembly, and of course-ease of manufacturing.
This version of the Deadlock is so smooth. The older versions were smoother and easier to operate than all other OTFs on the market, but Batch 7 is by far the smoothest out-the-front available to date.
By making the internal mechanism with even fewer parts, and with screws with all the same size torx, taking the knife apart is easier than ever.
The really big news is the cycle tests! By changing a few parts around, and applying various coatings, Grant and Gavin have achieved cycles of 100,000 on all parts! Spring breakage is the number one failure of other OTFs on the market. The springs in the Deadlock have gone over 200,000 cycles!
- New button design
- New clip design (This non-grip clip is designed for the coming production knife. Most likely the grip clip will once again be offered for customs). BATCH 6 & 7 ARE MODEL B, GEN 3- WHICH FEATURES A GRIP CLIP DESIGN
- Anodized titanium frame, inlays, clip & button
- New screws: the screws are now all T8, oval head 420 hardened stainless screws. This means you can take your knife apart without using multiple drivers, and because they are hard, you won't have to worry about ever stripping out the screws! And like always, a T8 Wera driver is included.
- Blade Length: 3.46"
- Cutting Edge: 3.25"
- Closed Length: 4.75"
- Overall Length: 8.25"
- Blade Material: CPM-20CV Stainless Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.151"
- Blade Style: Dagger
- Blade Grind: Hollow
- Blade Finish: Glass Bead Blast
- Handle Material: Marble Carbon Fiber and Anodized Titanium
- Handle Thickness: 0.60"
- Pocket Clip: Anodized Titanium (Tip-Down, Right/Left Carry)
- Weight: 4.8 oz.
- Designers: Grant and Gavin Hawk
- Handmade in the USA