Gerry McGinnis Pro Line Spoke #53 Flipper Knife 3.375" Hand-Ground CPM-154 Blade, Bronze Milled Titanium Handles
GMKPROSPOKE53: Hand-Ground Pro Line Spoke Folding Knife #53
Gerry McGinnis Custom Knives
Gerry McGinnis is one of the most talented custom knifemakers in the industry today and has been for quite some time. He's among the youngest designers ever to be featured by CRKT and his designs keep getting better. This Pro Line Spoke is absolutely amazing and was hand-ground by Gerry. It's machined using the same processes as his customs, assembled by hand the same way with the same attention to detail as Gerry puts into his customs. He has 100% control over how these knives come out because they (Gerry and his father) are doing everything right there in their own shop.
It's a superb EDC knife that really gets everything right. The detent is very strong which makes the opening action extremely satisfying. The blade fires out like an AUTO knife and really locks up solidly. The blade is deeply stonewashed with a high flat grind and plenty of belly. It rides on caged bearings in a formed race in the handles, requiring no pivot adjustment. The handle is durable titanium with machined slots to reduce weight and to add traction for your fingers. It's ergonomically curved and slim which makes it very comfortable to hold and easy to carry. It's simply shaped from the way it looks to the way it functions and everything in-between. There isn't a negative thing we can say about this knife. It features great jimping on the thumb ramp, a G10 back spacer, anodized titanium pocket clip, lanyard hole, Torx screw construction throughout, and has one of the sharpest edges we've ever seen. It is truly a fantastic knife for your collection or everyday carry rotation.
- The only thing you should need to do to your knife upon delivery is clip it in your pocket and carry it. The pivot needs NO ADJUSTMENT. I spend a lot of time tuning each knife, adjusting it won't make anything magical happen. If the stop pin track gets dirty, blow the knife out with compressed air. If you must take it all the way apart, the clip side screw is the screw to take out of the pivot. Be sure to clean and re grease the bearings with Sentry Solutions Hi Slip Grease or equivalent. When in doubt, don't take it apart, especially for no reason.
- Blade Length: 3.375"
- Cutting Edge: 3.20"
- Closed Length: 4.55"
- Overall Length: 7.95"
- Blade Material: CPM-154 Stainless Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.159"
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Grind: Flat
- Blade Finish: Stonewash
- Handle Material: Bronze Anodized 6Al4V Titanium
- Handle Thickness: 0.47"
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Pivot Assembly: Bearings
- Pocket Clip: Bronze Titanium (Tip-Up, Right Carry)
- Weight: 3.9 oz.
- Designer: Gerry McGinnis
- OD Green G10 Backspacer
- Handmade in the USA
Semi-Custom or Mid-Tech knives are knives produced by a process in which the designer has more direct--but not complete--involvement; parts of these knives may still have been made by others.
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
A nonferrous metal, it's prized for its high strength to weight ratio and is often used on higher end knives.
This product is USA born and raised.
$79.99On Sale: $39.95
$69.99On Sale: $39.95
$59.99On Sale: $24.95
$99.99On Sale: $55.95