Zwilling J.A. Henckels Miyabi Kaizen 10 Piece Kitchen Block Set - 34180-001
H34180001: Miyabi Kaizen 10 Piece Block Set
Miyabi Kaizen by Zwilling J.A. Henckels Japan
10 piece block set.
Miyabi continues to strive for perfection with the introduction of Miyabi Kaizen - Japanese for "improvement' or "change for the better". This next generation of Miyabi knives, made in Seki, Japan, combines the greatest hardening technology with the artistry of traditional craftsmanship.
The resilient core of VG10 (CMV60) super steel is protected by a 64-layer stunning flower Damascus pattern.
The CRYODUR blade undergoes a four-step hardening process that maximizes the properties of the steel.
- Hardening done in a state-of-the-art vacuum furnace
- Rapid-quenching to room temperature in seconds
- Cryogenic treatment at -321° F to enhance the corrosion resistance
Double Tempering to improve toughness
The Katana edge is hand-finished with the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method. The angle of each blade is honed by an artisan to 9.5 - 12 degrees per side. The acute angle in concert with Honbazuke method yields scalpel-like sharpness.
The exceptional blade is complemented by an equally stunning and durable handle made of black linen Micarta featuring a mosaic pin, red spacers and a metal end cap.
- VG10 (CMV60) super steel core
- 60 Rockwell hardness
- CRYODUR ice-hardened blade
- Flower Damascus design
- Traditional 3-step Honbazuke hand-honed edge
- Black linen Micarta handle with mosaic pin, two red spacers and end cap logo
- Made in Japan
- 34188-240 - 9.5" Slicing Knife - For filleting and cutting wafer-thin slices
- 34186-230 - 9" Bread Knife - For cutting bread or any food of soft substance with a tough skin or crust
- 34183-200 - 8" Chef's Knife - For chopping, dicing, bias cutting and slicing
- 34183-160 - 6" Chef's Knife - For chopping, dicing, bias cutting and slicing
- 34194-150 - 5.5" Santoku Knife - For cutting meat, fish and vegetables
- 34182-130 - 4.5" - Paring Knife - For cleaning, paring, peeling and slicing fruits and vegetables
- 34181-090 - 3.5" Vegetable Knife - For cleaning, paring, peeling and slicing fruits and vegetables
- 32543-230 - 9" Sharpening Steel - Use the sharpening steel regularly, every other time a knife is used
- 18550-000 - Kitchen Shears - All purpose shears for multiple uses in the kitchen and household
- Includes Bamboo Block
UPC Code: 035886296575
The exotic steel Capital of the World, Japan produces and innovates some of the best products, from pocket to kitchen knives and everything in between.
Micarta is a compressed layered composite sealed within a thermosetting plastic which creates a strong, attractive material that is impervious to water.
$327.50On Sale: $149.99
On Sale: $9.86