Zwilling J.A. Henckels Miyabi Black 5000MCD67 6" Damascus Utility Knife, Big Leaf Maple Burl Wood Handle - 34402-153
H34402153: Miyabi Black 5000MCD67 6" Utility Knife
Miyabi Cutlery by J.A. Henckels
Experience the power of extraordinary steel. The Miyabi Black series boasts blades of ultra-premium steel for unsurpassed sharpness. Exquisite Japanese craftsmanship merges with expert German engineering for the ultimate kitchen knives.
With a potent micro-carbide MC66 steel core protected by 132 layers, Miyabi Black knives feature scalpel-like precision and impressive cutting edge retention and corrosion resistance. Miyabi's innovative, ice-hardening process locks in the long-lasting sharpness of these Cryodur blades.
Beautiful to behold, the blade's flower Damascus pattern provides superior durability. Effortless to hold, the classic Japanese D-shape handle offers stress-free cutting. The striking handle matches the caliber of the blade. Made of splendidly swirled burls from North American Bigleaf maple, each handle is elegantly unique.
Handcrafted in Seki, Japan, it takes two and a half months to create these remarkable knives.
- Blade consists of 132 layers of steel, resulting in a floral damascus pattern
- Authentic thin Japanese blade profile
- Hand-honed three-step Honbazuke process
- 9.5° to 12° edge
- Cryodur blade, ice-hardened to Rockwell 66
- 132-layer Damascus design with katana edge
- Big leaf maple burl wood handle dyed black with metal embossed logo endcap
- Traditional D-shape handle with rounded spine and heel
- Blade Length: 6"
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan