Zwilling J.A. Henckels EUROLine Bob Kramer 10" Chef's Knife, Grenadille Wood Handle - 34941-263
H34941263: EUROLine Bob Kramer 10" Chef's Knife (260mm)
Zwilling J.A. Henckels
Zwilling is proud to partner with "The Master of the Blade" (Saveur Magazine) Bob Kramer. Together, we designed and produced knives of exceptional authenticity, sharpness and beauty.
Bob Kramer Carbon by Zwilling is a return to straight carbon steel. A material nearly lost to the home kitchen, straight carbon blades are the hallmark of great chefs and grandmothers. Carbon steel requires knowledge and care to maintain. In return for proper care owners are rewarded with a sharpness and keenness of edge that only straight carbon can deliver.
"The thing I like about straight carbon steel is that there is just iron and carbon in there, and so by the proper handling of the stuff, you can create a superfine grain structure which will take an incredibly sharp and tough edge. So that's what I work in today is tool steel or straight carbon steel. If you are looking for the ultimate performance, that Ferrari, straight carbon steel is the way to go." -Bob Kramer Master Bladesmith
Features and Benefits
The knives Bob hand-forges in his Washington workshop was our motivation, our challenge. How can Zwilling bring that quality and cutting performance to the market?
- Step #1 - use the same steel Bob uses for his knives - straight carbon steel 52100
- Step #2 - learn everything we could from "The Master"
- Step #3 - challenge our best German and Japanese engineers to meet the occasion
- Step #4 - employ Zwilling's unparalleled commitment to quality
- Step #5 - proudly share one of our greatest achievements
The blade undergoes a special hardening process that maximizes the properties of the steel.
The result is 61 Rockwell hardness blades with exceptional cutting edge retention.
The edge is hand-finished with the traditional 3-step method. The angle of each blade is honed by an artisan to 15 degrees per side. The angle in concert with the metal and the finishing method yields scalpel-like sharpness.
The outstanding blade is paired with a hand shaped Grenadille wood handle with brass rivets and a Bob Kramer mosaic pin.
- Straight carbon steel 52100
- 61 Rockwell hardness
- Fully rounded and mirror polished spine and choil
- Fully tapered blade and tang
- 15 degree angle per side
- Traditional 3-step hand-honed edge
- Hand-finished Grenadille wood handle with brass rivets and Bob Kramer mosaic pin
- Made in Japan
UPC Code: 035886292621
The exotic steel Capital of the World, Japan produces and innovates some of the best products, from pocket to kitchen knives and everything in between.
Provides a traditional, natural look and feel to a modern tool. Wood absorbs shock well and is popular in axe handles.