HEAdesigns Poison Flipper 2.7" S35VN Tanto Blade, Gold Milled Titanium Handles
HEAPNGD: Poison Folding Knife, Gold
The Antidote and Poison are the future of knives.
These blades have an awesome story. After coming out with the Sabertooth (the coolest comb this side of the milky way) a lot of people were saying "We love the Sabertooth...now how would that look like...as a knife!" This got Sam at HEA to start thinking - a lot. He took the Sabertooth size and handle profile as a guideline for what was to come next.
He wanted to rethink the whole concept of what it is to design something from the future. Thinking of the basic profile, Sam knew that it looked like a pill. A pill that could either be a Poison or an Antidote. From there he knew that would have to be the name. Thoughts of the future and space always went hand in hand for Sam. There had to be a theme of futuristic design language that goes from the blade to the clip to the handles. Everything had to be consistent and the Antidote and Poison had to have commonalities as one is derived from the other!
Fast forward two years of refinement and Sam is finally pleased enough to release the Antidote and Poison - two futuristic designs sharing the same blade, clip, and spacer but completely different handles. He went with a ton of awesome new features never done before in an HEA model. Two stepped grooves in the blade, a sick tanto with more grind and angle changes than he has ever done before, hidden hardware with a two-tone lanyard spacer, and milling everywhere! He also wanted to maintain some of the themes from previous models so favorite features that people come to expect from HEA are also there. He put a lot of time and attention to detail to get these concepts from the future. The time machine/rocket ship combo broke down but he thinks he knows how to fix it. There are so many design details here that we cannot wait for you to get these in hand!
- Two-tone sandblast and hand sand flat finish with a two-stepped saber-groove and four grinds per side
- This blade flies out faster than the rocket it came in!
- Machined lock relief, steel lock insert, over travel stop, ceramic bearings and detent
- Fully contoured with futuristic milling patterns on the show and lock side - we haven't seen anything like it!
- Custom HEA pivot with mirrored AEH on back with Torx accommodations
- Blind screwed clip with space age styling to keep design clean and stunning
- Titanium backspacer with split lanyard hole and hidden hardware - the first HEA model with this kind of engineering!
- Blade Length: 2.70"
- Cutting Edge: 2.625"
- Closed Length: 4.0"
- Overall Length: 6.70"
- Blade Material: CPM-S35VN Stainless Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.125"
- Blade Style: Tanto
- Blade Grind: Compound Flat
- Blade Finish: Two-Tone
- Handle Material: Gold 3D Milled Titanium
- Handle Thickness: 0.54"
- Locking Mechanism: Frame
- Pivot Assembly: Bearings
- Pocket Clip: Blue Titanium (Tip-Up, Right Carry)
- Weight: 3.4 oz.
- Designer: Sam Abdelrahman
Semi-Custom or Mid-Tech knives are knives produced by a process in which the designer has more direct--but not complete--involvement; parts of these knives may still have been made by others.
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
A tougher steel than S30V, it retains the excellent corrosive properties and ability to take an edge, but improves on the ability to hold that edge.
A nonferrous metal, it's prized for its high strength to weight ratio and is often used on higher end knives.
$79.99On Sale: $44.95
$69.99On Sale: $39.95
$59.99On Sale: $24.95