Hults Bruk Sarek 30" Splitting Axe, Hickory Wood Handle, Leather Sheath - H840740
HUBH840740: Sarek 30" Splitting Axe
The Hults Bruk "Sarek" is a larger splitting axe intended for heavier duties such as splitting large logs as well as processing wood for use in a fireplace. This item has a weight of 4.5 lbs. and an overall length of 30". The head weighs 3.5 lbs. on its own and is made from hand-forged Swedish quality steel that is struck multiple times to increase the density and durability during use. The long, straight handle is made from American hickory and treated with linseed oil. Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath.
The Sarek Splitting Axe is named after the Sarek National Park which is located in Jokkmokk Municipality, Lapland in northern Sweden. Established in 1909, the park is one of the oldest national parks in Europe.
- The axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpening sessions.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath
- Cutting Edge: 2.75"
- Overall Length: 30"
- Blade Material: Swedish Steel
- Head Thickness: 1.00"
- Handle Material: American Hickory Wood
- Handle Thickness: 1.00"
- Sheath Material: Leather
- Head Weight: 3.5 lbs.
- Weight: 4.5 lbs.
- Made in Sweden
Leather is known for its durability and traditional appeal. When compared to Kydex it is preferred for its silence when bumped against other objects, as well as blade retention.
Provides a traditional, natural look and feel to a modern tool. Wood absorbs shock well and is popular in axe handles.