Jake Hoback Talim Combatives Fixed Blade System, S35VN Acid Washed Blade, Black G10 Handles, Kydex Sheath - Includes Red Aluminum Trainer
JHKTALIM: Talim Combatives Fixed Blade System
Jake Hoback Custom Knives
Combatives (CQC, CQB) is defined in the following way by the US Army, "Hand-to-hand combat is an engagement between two or more persons in an empty-handed struggle or with hand-held weapons such as knives, sticks, or projectile weapons that cannot be fired. Proficiency in hand-to-hand combat is one of the fundamental building blocks for training the modern soldier."
The Talim Combatives Fixed Blade System is a life-saving device. It is a purpose-built tool for cutting and piercing flesh in an offensive/defensive situation. It's built to cut through typical clothing/gear that would be in aforementioned situations in order to complete the task at hand and potentially save one's life.
The reasoning behind designing this system was to create a blade package that could be carried comfortably daily and trained with in the same way you carry it. Jake designed this system to be carried on the "other strong side (i.e. left side) reverse grip." Carrying the system "other strong side" allows the normal carry of a sidearm on the strong side while having another tool at your disposal on the left side. Train with it and you'll become comfortable using your non-dominant hand in a life-saving scenario.
Information and masterminding was conducted with many different and varied people from different backgrounds in Combatives, some of which include Commando Krav Maga, Sayoc Kali, MMA, Mui Thai, and Gung Fu in addition to the DEVGRU, Army SF, Army CAG, and SWAT.
- The live blade is ground to a zero edge, then back-beveled to create the final edge. This makes for an extremely sharp final edge.
- The handles are press fit 1/16th of an inch into the blade and then glued in place with a high-temperature tolerant rubberized adhesive. This aids in removing potential hardware that could loosen/corrode over time. It also makes for extremely strong handle retention.
- The handles are 3D textured and contoured to aid in grip and comfort – even when wet or covered in foreign materials.
- The knife has a curved and contoured pommel that indexes perfectly for extremely fast draw times from the sheath system.
- The training blade is a half inch shorter than the live blade so as not to create training deficiencies when striking a target.
- The momentum sheath system is built for extreme speed and retention under most circumstances.
- Talim Live Blade
- Talim Aluminum Trainer
- Momentum Sheath System for both Live and Trainer Blades
- Blade Length: 3.625"
- Cutting Edge: 3.375"
- Handle Length: 4.25"
- Overall Length: 7.50"
- Blade Material: CPM-S35VN Stainless Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.15625"
- Blade Style: Recurve
- Blade Grind: Flat
- Blade Finish: Acid Stonewash
- Handle Material: Milled Black G10
- Handle Thickness: 0.44"
- Sheath Material: IWB Kydex Momentum Sheath System
- Weight: 3.3 oz.
- Weight with Sheath: 5.7 oz.
- Designer: Jake Hoback
- Includes Red Aluminum Talim Trainer with G10 Handles and Kydex Momentum Sheath System
- Made in the USA