Kershaw 1160BLUBW Jens Anso Fraxion Flipper Knife 2.75" BlackWashed Clip Point Blade, Blue G10 Handles with Carbon Fiber Overlays
KS1160BLUBW: 1160BLUBW Fraxion Folding Knife, Blue
Kershaw and Danish custom knife and toolmaker, Jens Anso, have teamed up to create a handsome knife just right for the knife user who prefers a contemporary look. This slim, sleek design weighs in at a "Fraxion" of the weight of other comparable knives — under two ounces.
The Fraxion's lighter weight is thanks to the streamlined design as well as to the light-yet-strong G10 handles with carbon fiber overlay. An inset liner lock secures the blade open during use while also helping keep down the overall weight and helping maintain the handle’s comfortable slimness.
The clip point blade features a top swedge, a slight recurve to enhance slicing capabilities and a good-looking BlackWash finish. Built of 8CR13MoV stainless steel, the blade offers a sharp, long-lasting edge for day-to-day tasks. The Fraxion is a manual knife but can be opened quickly, easily, and one-handed with the built-in flipper. For convenient left or right-handed carry, the Fraxion is equipped with a reversible pocket clip, enabling it to ride comfortably low in the pocket.
- Flipper - May be used with manual or assisted opening knives. Tee "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- Manual - There is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafe, used to open the folding knife. It opens the classic, old-school way.
- Inset Liner Lock - A strip of stainless steel is riveted inside the knife’s handle—most commonly when the handle is a lightweight material. This enables us to create a slimmer, lighter knife, while still providing the strength and security of a locking liner.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade Length: 2.75" (7.0 cm)
- Handle Length: 4.0" (10.3 cm)
- Overall Length: 6.75" (17.1 cm)
- Blade Steel: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Shape: Clip Point
- Blade Finish: Black-Oxide BlackWash
- Handle Material: Blue G10 with Carbon Fiber Overlay
- Locking Mechanism: Inset Liner Lock
- Pivot Assembly: KVT Ball Bearing System
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right/Left Carry
- Weight: 1.9 oz. (53.9 g)
- Designer: Jens Anso