Kershaw 1558 Hinderer Agile Assisted Flipper Knife 2.75" Stonewashed Drop Point Blade, Stainless Steel Handles
KS1558: 1558 Agile Folding Knife
Rick Hinderer is known for the practicality of his designs. And the Agile from Rick and Kershaw shows off that practicality to perfection.
The Agile is agile indeed as it comes with three interchangeable backspacers, each outfitted with a different tool: a bottle opener, a screwdriver tip, and a lanyard attachment. Choose whichever tool is needed for your job and then attach it with a single hex screw. Kershaw’s TX-Tool has the right bit to make the exchange in a matter of seconds. The knife can also be used handily without a backspacer.
The blade is 8Cr13MoV stainless steel that takes and holds a sharp edge. Kershaw’s stonewashed finish looks great and hides use scratches — another very practical touch. SpeedSafe assisted opening make it easy to access the blade one-handed. Just pull back on the flipper.
The stainless steel handle features a "diamond plate" texture front and back for a confident grip. A sturdy frame lock, with lockbar stabilizer, secures the blade open during use. The handle’s two-toned stonewashed/BlackWash finish makes a handsome complement to the blade finish. For convenient carry, the Agile also offers a three-position pocket clip.
- Flipper - May be used with manual or assisted opening knives. Tee "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- Multifunction - Has multiple blades or tools, enabling it to perform multiple functions.
- SpeedSafe - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper, built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- 3-Position - The user may position the pocket clip for tip-up or tip-down carry on one side and one-position carry on the other.
- Includes Three Interchangeable Backspacer Tools - bottle opener, flathead screwdriver, lanyard hole
- Blade Length: 2.75" (7.0 cm)
- Handle Length: 3.50" (8.9 cm)
- Overall Length: 6.25" (15.9 cm)
- Blade Steel: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Shape: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Stonewash
- Handle Material: Stainless Steel
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up/Down, Right Carry or Tip-Down, Left Carry
- Weight: 3.9 oz. (110.5 g)
- Designer: Rick Hinderer
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
Stainless Steel knife handles provide strength and durability and look and feel great.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
$79.99 On Sale: $39.95
$69.99 On Sale: $39.95
$59.99 On Sale: $24.95
$99.99 On Sale: $55.95
$200.00 On Sale: $129.95