Kershaw 1559 Rick Hinderer Decimus Assisted Flipper Knife 3.25" BlackWashed Bayonet Blade, Stainless Steel Handles with GRN Overlays
KS1559: 1559 Decimus Folding Knife
Based on Rick Hinderer’s Maximus Dagger, the Kershaw Decimus offers a heroic look—and makes for a very distinctive EDC.
The 8Cr13MoV blade is a single-edge bayonet grind with a BlackWash finish for a handsomely dangerous look. It opens quickly and easily with SpeedSafe assisted opening. The flipper itself is mirrored by a symmetrical protrusion on the back side of the knife, providing a short crossguard to keep your fingers safe.
The handle is steel with a stonewashed finish and black, glass-filled-nylon overlays that have zigzag texturing inspired by the custom texture on the original Maximus and designed for both secure grip and good looks. As an additional detail, the handle also has a Hinderer-style filler tab with a stonewashed finish. This design from Kershaw and Rick Hinderer is sure to draw admiring glances every time you use it.
- Flipper - May be used with manual or assisted opening knives. Tee "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- SpeedSafe Assisted Opening - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumb stud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade Length: 3.25" (8.3 cm)
- Handle Length: 4.25" (10.8 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.50" (19.1 cm)
- Blade Steel: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Shape: Bayonet
- Blade Finish: BlackWash
- Handle Material: Stonewashed Stainless Steel with GRN Overlay
- Locking Mechanism: Frame
- Pivot Assembly: SpeedSafe Assist
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right/Left Carry
- Weight: 4.5 oz. (140 g)
- Designer: Rick Hinderer
- Made in China
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
A nylon polymer that is lightweight and extremely durable, Zytel can be shaped and textured to provide excellent grip.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
$79.99On Sale: $39.95
$69.99On Sale: $39.95
$59.99On Sale: $24.95
$99.99On Sale: $55.95