Kershaw 1600NBSW Ken Onion Chive Assisted Flipper Knife 1.9" Stonewashed Plain Blade, Navy Blue Aluminum Handles
KS1600NBSW: 1600NBSW Ken Onion Chive, Navy Blue
With its less-than-two-inch blade, the navy blue Chive is a small knife. This, of course, makes it perfect for pocket, pack, purse, or briefcase carry. But just because it's small doesn't mean the Chive isn't mighty. In fact, the Chive is perfect for just about any cutting task you'd care to ask it to do—from opening packages to cutting duct tape.
To ensure this handy little blade is always ready when you need it, the navy blue Chive is equipped with SpeedSafe assisted opening. Just pull back on the flipper and the blade moves out of the handle, ready for use. The high-carbon blade steel offers good edge retention and excellent corrosion resistance. The bead-blasted finish is easy to maintain. This Chive's handle scales are navy blue anodized aluminum over steel liners. Anodizing not only enables the aluminum to take a scratch resistant color, but it actually strengthens the aluminum.
The navy blue Chive's handle is strong, lightweight, and colorful. For safety, it has a locking liner to keep it locked safely open and a Tip-Lock to keep it locked safely closed during transport. If navy blue is your color, this Chive just might be your knife.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe Assisted Opening - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumb stud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Liner Lock - Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife's steel "liner," the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- Single-Position - The pocket clip is in a fixed position on the knife handle; usually it is positioned for tip-down, right-handed carry, though this may vary.
- Made In The USA - When you see this on any Kershaw knife, it means the knife was made in their Tualatin, Oregon manufacturing facility by skilled Kershaw knifemakers.
- Blade Length: 1.9" (4.9 cm)
- Closed Length: 2.9" (7.3 cm)
- Overall Length: 4.8" (12.2 cm)
- Blade Material: 420HC Stainless Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.121" (3.07 mm)
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Stonewash
- Handle Material: Navy Blue Anodized 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Locking Mechanism: Liner
- Pivot Assembly: SpeedSafe Assisted Opening
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Down, Right Carry
- Weight: 1.5 oz. (42.5 g)
- Designers: Ken Onion
- Made in the USA
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
A solid, lightweight material that can be molded, textured or anodized to provide better grip under extreme conditions.
This product is USA born and raised.
$39.99 On Sale: $22.95