Kershaw 1776 Link Assisted Flipper Knife 3.25" Stonewash Plain Blade, Black GFN Handles
KS1776: 1776 Link
The missing link—between a quality, made-in-the-USA knife and a price most consumers can afford—has been found. Or, to be more precise, Kershaw is making it. Appropriately, called the Link and has been given the patriotic model number of 1776.
This Link, model 1776, is Kershaw drop-point blade model. The 420HC stainless blade steel has higher amounts of carbon and chromium to boost hardenability and corrosion resistance. It is an excellent everyday steel: tough, corrosion resistant, easy to sharpen and takes a good edge. A stonewash finish gives the blade surface a desirable roughened or scuffed look, and helps hide scratches and fingerprints.
The handles are matte-finished glass-filled nylon for lightweight strength. The sculpted lines and texture of the handle provide for a comfortable and secure grip. The Link feels big and solid in the hand and offers a clean look.
For easy opening, the Link is equipped with SpeedSafe assisted opening, accessed with the built-in flipper. The pocketclip is reversible for convenient left or right-handed pocket carry. The Link is made in Kershaw’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Tualatin, Oregon.
- Flipper - May be used on wither manual or assisted opening knives. The "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on , or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper, built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Liner Lock - Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife's steel "liner," the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Made in the USA - When you see this on one of their knives, it means the knife was made in Kershaw's Tualatin, Oregon manufacturing facility by skilled Kershaw knifemakers.
- Blade Length: 3.25" (8.4 cm)
- Handle Length: 4.4" (11.2 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.6" (19.3 cm)
- Blade Steel: 420HC, Stonewash Finish
- Handle Material: Glass-Filled Nylon
- Weight: 4 oz. (113.4 g)
- Made in the USA