Kershaw 1885 Rexford Entropy Assisted Flipper 3.25" Stonewashed Drop Point Blade, Zytel Handles
KS1885: 1885 Entropy Folding Knife
Another winner from Kershaw and Todd Rexford.
The eminently practical Entropy is a slim, sleek, no-nonsense tool. And that's exactly what you're going to love about it. Designed in collaboration with custom knifemaker Todd Rexford, the Entropy features a drop-point blade with a fairly straight belly — just right for a wide variety of cutting chores. You get good control and a stronger tip.
The 8Cr13MoV blade steel is quality stainless steel, which Kershaw heat-treats to make it even better. You get a long-lasting edge, strength, and hardness. The stonewashed finish looks good and hides use scratches. The Entropy's handle is slightly curved to fit the palm and faux G-10 textured for a secure grip. Its glass-filled-nylon construction is also very practical, offering lighter weight, strength, and resistance to temperature extremes.
The Entropy is equipped with SpeedSafe assisted opening so the knife is always ready when you need it. And the final practical touch? The deep-carry pocket clip is left/right reversible for convenient, low-in-the-pocket carry.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Liner Lock - Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife’s steel "liner," the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade Length: 3.25" (8.3 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.5" (11.4 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.2" (18.3 cm)
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Stonewash
- Handle Material: Textured Glass-Filled Nylon
- Locking Mechanism: Liner Lock
- Pocket Clip: Tip Up, Left/Right Deep Carry
- Weight: 3.7 oz. (104.9 g)
- Designer: Todd Rexford
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
A nylon polymer that is lightweight and extremely durable, Zytel can be shaped and textured to provide excellent grip.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
$39.99 On Sale: $22.95