Kershaw 1905 Hawk Lock Induction Flipper 3.1" Two-Tone Blade, Aluminum Handles with Zytel Insert
KS1905: 1905 Induction Folding Knife
Feel the attraction for yourself...as we certainly do.
In Physics, "induction" is the production of a magnetic state due to the proximity of a magnetized body. In a way, that definition applies to the Kershaw Induction, too. We think it's got a magnetic look and — given a little proximity — you just might find yourself irresistibly attracted.
Why? Let's start with the blade. It's a drop-point, but definitely not old school. While the flats are satin finished, the grinds—both along the cutting edge and the deep top swedge — are black-oxide coated. On the practical side, the coating helps protect the steel. On the less practical side, it looks outstanding.
Also outstanding is the Induction's Hawk Lock. Once the blade is open, the Hawk Lock automatically locks it into position. When you're ready to close the blade, pull the Hawk Lock slider back toward the knife butt and fold the blade in. Simplicity itself. The Induction's handle is lightweight-yet-strong anodized aluminum with a textured faux G-10 front insert for sure grip.
The pocket clip is reversible for left/right tip-up carry and there's a pre-drilled lanyard hole for additional versatility.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- Manual - There is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafe, used to open the folding knife. It opens the classic, old-school way.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade Length: 3.1" (7.9 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.4" (11.2 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.6" (19.3 cm)
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Two-Tone
- Handle Material: Aluminum with Textured Glass-Filled Nylon Inserts
- Locking Mechanism: Hawk Lock
- Pocket Clip: Tip Up, Left/Right Carry
- Weight: 3.75 oz. (106.3 g)
- Made in China
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
A solid, lightweight material that can be molded, textured or anodized to provide better grip under extreme conditions.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
Cold Steel 95FB Pocket Bushman Fold…
Spyderco C81GP2 Paramilitary 2 Fold…
Spyderco C101GP2 Manix 2 Folding Kn…
Spyderco C81GPCMO2 Paramilitary 2 F…
Spyderco C81GPBK2 Paramilitary 2 Fo…
Spyderco C81GPCMOBK2 Paramilitary 2…
Benchmade 940 Osborne Folding Knife…
Spyderco C85GP2 Yojimbo 2 Folding K…
Spyderco C81GPDBL2 Paramilitary 2 F…
Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn Covert F…
Benchmade 581 Barrage AXIS-Assisted…