Kershaw 1965 Rove Assisted Flipper 3.3" Stonewashed Drop Point Blade, Zytel Handles
KS1965: 1965 Rove Folding Knife
Great Choice For-It-All Knife
Work knife, EDC, outdoor knife? Yes, yes, yes. And a lot more, too.
The Rove features a drop-point blade of 8Cr13MoV stainless steel, which offers good hardness, wear resistance, and edge retention. The stonewashed finish hides scratches and looks good. The blade opens quickly and easily with SpeedSafe assisted opening and the built-in flipper. Extra-heavy jimping on the flipper makes it extra easy to open—even in wet or slippery conditions.
The handle is glass-filled nylon with heavy texturing—again, to take care of those slippery conditions. An oversized, starburst pivot adds an extra touch of eye-catching interest.
The Rove's secure liner lock provides for safe blade lockup and releases easy when the job is done. The Rove also has a conveniently large lanyard hole and a reversible deep-carry pocket clip.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Liner Lock - Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife’s steel “liner,” the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade Length: 3.3" (8.4 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.4" (11.2 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.8" (19.6 cm)
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Stonewash
- Handle Material: Black Glass-Filled Nylon
- Locking Mechanism: Liner Lock
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Left/Right Carry
- Weight: 3.4 oz. (96.4 g)
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
A nylon polymer that is lightweight and extremely durable, Zytel can be shaped and textured to provide excellent grip.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
$39.99On Sale: $22.95