Kershaw 1995 Identity Assisted Flipper 3.5" Black Drop Point Blade, Zytel Handle
KS1995: 1995 Identity Folding Knife
Your identity is unique.
You want a knife that’s different? You want an Identity. With its black-and-gray coloring, the Identity has a tactical look. But it's a tactical look with a difference.
The broad drop-point blade flows into the patterned handle, which tapers to a slim end. A larger bolster and the unusual texturing on both sides of the handle enable your hand to lock in securely as you grip the knife.
In keeping with its name, the pattern on the handle scales is inspired by a unique part of a person’s identity—the fingerprint. Concentric fingerprint-like circles give the Kershaw Identity an unusual look as well as enhancing grip. The blade is 8Cr13MoV stainless steel for good edge retention and easy resharpening; black-oxide coating makes it non-reflective, too.
The blade opens quickly and easily with SpeedSafe assisted opening. The handle is steel with a textured glass-filled nylon front scale and machined texture on the back, too. A frame lock makes blade lock up easy and secure. The knife's deep-carry clip is left/right reversible and makes the Identity especially discreet to carry.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade Length: 3.5" (8.9 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.6" (11.7 cm)
- Overall Length: 8" (20.3 cm)
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Black Oxide
- Handle Material: Glass-Filled Nylon
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right/Left Carry
- Weight: 6.5 oz. (184.3 g)
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
A nylon polymer that is lightweight and extremely durable, Zytel can be shaped and textured to provide excellent grip.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
$79.99 On Sale: $39.95
$69.99 On Sale: $39.95
$59.99 On Sale: $24.95
$99.99 On Sale: $55.95
$49.99 On Sale: $17.95