Kershaw 2131 Epistle Folding Knife 3" Bead Blasted Blade, Clear Anodized Aluminum Handles
KS2131: 2131 Epistle Folding Knife
The Kershaw Epistle has everything you need in a pocketknife and nothing you don't. This good-looking minimalist design is sleek, slim, and very easy to carry.
The 3" blade is made of 8Cr13MoV stainless steel—a solid, all-around steel that's also easy to re-sharpen when needed. The versatile drop-point blade shape handles most cutting tasks with ease. The blade is bead-blasted to produce a slightly darker blade finish that contrasts nicely with the lighter aluminum handle.
The handle is lightweight and feels smooth and comfortable in your hand. Clear anodizing preserves the natural color of the aluminum. A custom pivot cap adds a touch of style and provides some additional handle texture. With its neutral two-tone coloring, the Epistle goes perfectly with whatever else you EDC.
To get the knife down to an impressively light 2.1 ounces, Kershaw added several areas of weight relief. Much of the handle back features open construction to shed weight and provide for easy cleaning. A textured backspacer covers the rest of the handle. The single-position pocket clip also has two cutouts that make this pocket clip unique to the Epistle. The Epistle is a manual-opening knife. You can use the thumb stud to flick the blade open quickly, or treat it as a traditional pocketknife by simply moving the blade into position.
- Manual - There is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafe, used to open the folding knife. It opens the classic, old-school way.
- Inset Liner Lock - A strip of stainless steel is riveted inside the knife’s handle—most commonly when the handle is a lightweight material. This enables us to create a slimmer, lighter knife, while still providing the strength and security of a locking liner.
- Single-Position - The pocket clip is in a fixed position on the knife handle; usually it is positioned for tip-down, right-handed carry, though this may vary.
- Blade Length: 3.0" (7.8 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.0" (10.0 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.0" (17.8 cm)
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Bead Blast
- Handle Material: Clear Anodized Aluminum
- Locking Mechanism: Inset Liner
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right Carry
- Weight: 2.1 oz. (60 g)
- Made in China
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
A solid, lightweight material that can be molded, textured or anodized to provide better grip under extreme conditions.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
$39.99 On Sale: $22.95