Kershaw 3450BW Les George Spline Assisted Flipper 2.9" Blackwashed Blade and Stainless Steel Handles
KS3450BW: Spline Folding Knife
What's a spline, anyway?
A spline is a numeric function that can define a curve. And Kershaw’s Spline, designed by Les George, is a knife with plenty of curves.
The first curve you’ll notice is the heavy curve of the blade spine. Essentially, the blade is a modified drop point version of Les’ Mini Harpy, but slimmed down all over to make it a lightweight carry. Les added a top swedge to thin the blade and lowered the tip to enhance its cutting power. The Spline offers a great all-around edge profile with exceptional push-cutting capability.
8Cr13MoV blade steel ensures the Spline’s blade takes and holds its edge, while Kershaw’s BlackWash finish gives it a matte finish and helps hide use scratches—because you are going to use it.
The Spline’s handle is steel, also finished in BlackWash, with curves that fit into your palm and give your index finger a secure curve to lock into while you work. The all-steel handles mean that the Spline also gives you a strong frame lock.
For quick and easy one-handed opening, just pull back on the flipper and the Spline opens with Kershaw’s SpeedSafe assisted opening. The pocket clip is left/right reversible and there’s a handy lanyard hole.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade Length: 2.9" (7.4 cm)
- Closed Length: 3.9" (9.9 cm)
- Overall Length: 6.8" (17.3 cm)
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: BlackWash
- Handle Material: Stainless Steel
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right/Left Carry
- Weight: 4.4 oz. (104.9 g)
- Designer: Les George
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
Stainless Steel knife handles provide strength and durability and look and feel great.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
$79.99 On Sale: $34.95
$69.99 On Sale: $39.95
$59.99 On Sale: $24.95
$200.00 On Sale: $119.95