Kershaw 3460 Les George Westin Assisted Flipper 3.5" Stonewashed Blade, Zytel Handle
KS3460: Westin Folding Knife
Class and convenience.
Designed by Les George, the Westin’s long, lean lines make it a good-looking carry, while its does-it-all drop-point blade makes it convenient for most any cutting task.
Inspired by the character Michael Westin on the USA Network’s Burn Notice, the Westin is a larger knife and features a 3.5-inch blade. And while the blade has a symmetrical profile, it has an asymmetrical blade grind. The top grind slims down the blade, looks Michael Westin-chill, and emphasizes the point. It also makes a lot of blade very easy to carry. 8Cr13MoV steel ensures this blade takes and holds its edge. The stonewashed blade finish looks good and helps hide use scratches.
The Westin features SpeedSafe assisted opening for simple, smooth, one-handed opening. To enhance its streamlined look, the Westin doesn’t have a thumb stud; just pull back on the flipper and it’s ready to go to work. An oversized decorative pivot just adds to this EDC’s sleek good looks.
The handle is contoured to fit the hand for a secure grip. A textured faux G-10 front handle scale enhances grip even more. The steel back, with stonewashed finish, features a secure frame lock to ensure safe blade lock up during use. The Westin’s pocket clip is left/right reversible for convenient pocket carry, too.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade Length: 3.5" (8.9 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.3" (10.9 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.8" (19.8 cm)
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Stonewash
- Handle Material: Glass Filled Nylon
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right/Left Carry
- Weight: 3.7 oz. (104.9 g)
- Designer: Les George
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
A nylon polymer that is lightweight and extremely durable, Zytel can be shaped and textured to provide excellent grip.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
$79.99On Sale: $39.95
$69.99On Sale: $39.95
$59.99On Sale: $24.95
$99.99On Sale: $55.95