Kershaw 3470 Pico Assisted Flipper 2.9" Two-Toned Plain Blade, Stainless Steel Handles
KS3470: Pico Folding Knife
Sometimes you can tell that a tool is going to be useful just by looking at it. This is one of those times.
Like all the knives designed by custom knifemaker Les George, the Pico benefits from Les’ practical approach to knifemaking, informed by his years as a custom knifemaker as well as his stint in the US Marines. The result is a knife that’s designed to be used in the real world of work and everyday tasks.
The Pico’s 8Cr13MoV blade steel, precision heat-treated by Kershaw, is strong, hard, and takes and holds an edge well. It opens quickly and easily with a flipper and Kershaw’s SpeedSafe assisted opening. The handle is pure steel, bead-blasted to a matte finish. A frame lock ensures solid blade lock up during use and closes easily when you’re ready to return it to your pocket.
While the Pico isn’t a fussy knife, it does have some touches that take it out of the ordinary. For instance, the blade features two different finishes: stonewashed on the flats and satin on the grinds. And the pivot is oversized and polished to stand out against the soft gray of the handle steel. A deep-carry, left/right reversible pocket clip ensures carrying convenience.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade Length: 2.9" (5.7 cm)
- Closed Length: 3.9" (9.9 cm)
- Overall Length: 6.8" (17.3 cm)
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Two-Tone
- Handle Material: Stainless Steel
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right/Left Carry
- Weight: 3.7 oz. (104.9 g)
- Designer: Les George