Kershaw 3475 Les George Boilermaker Flipper Knife 3.3" Brown PVD Stonewashed Blade and Milled Stainless Steel Handles
KS3475: 3475 Boilermaker Folding Knife
Boilermakers are known for their skill at metalwork. So Kershaw and Les George took inspiration from their craftsmanship to build their own Boilermaker. This all-stainless-steel folder is designed to perform well in the hands of any tradesman—and anyone else who wants a distinctive, yet practical, pocketknife.
The Boilermaker's modified drop point blade is quality 8Cr13MoV stainless steel. Its 3.3" cutting edge will make quick work of boxes, rope, and whatever else you're cutting. Jimping on the blade's spine provides extra cutting control. The blade opens quickly and easily with SpeedSafe assisted opening and the handy flipper.
The Boilermaker's criss-cross, open handle construction is reminiscent of supporting structures like the beams on a bridge. In the Boilermaker's case, these cutouts help relieve weight. Another cutout near the front of the handle reveals the Kershaw logo lasered on the inside of the back handle. (Normally, they'd put their logo on the blade. But in this case, the front of the blade is totally clean.) Then Kershaw gave both handle and blade a brown PVD coating and stonewashed them. This finish gives the Boilermaker an industrial look and provides an additional measure of protection for the steel.
The Boilermaker's backspacer features a decorative diagonal pattern, but it also has a function. The deep-carry pocket clip is anchored in an internal pocket in the handle, secured with the same screw that also holds the backspacer in place. This means there are no pocket clip screws to snag when sliding the knife in or out of your pocket—so it's always smooth and easy to put this Boilermaker to work.
- SpeedSafe Assisted Opening - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumb stud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Single-Position - The pocket clip is in a fixed position on the knife handle; usually, it is positioned for tip-down, right-handed carry, though this may vary.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- Blade Length: 3.3" (8.5 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.25" (10.8 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.6" (19.3 cm)
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Brown PVD Stonewash
- Handle Material: Brown PVD Stonewashed Stainless Steel
- Locking Mechanism: Frame
- Pivot Assembly: KVT Ball Bearing System
- Pocket Clip: Deep Carry Tip-Up, Right Carry
- Weight: 4.4 oz. (127 g)
- Designer: Les George
- Made in China
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
Stainless Steel knife handles provide strength and durability and look and feel great.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
$79.99On Sale: $39.95
$69.99On Sale: $39.95
$59.99On Sale: $24.95
$99.99On Sale: $55.95