Kershaw 3480 Les George Valmara Assisted Flipper 3.1" Stonewashed Blade, Black Zytel Handles
KS3480: Valmara Folding Knife
This one is built for tough duty.
The sturdy Valmara benefits from designer Les George’s 22 years as a custom knifemaker, his US Marine background, and his solid understanding of how tools are used in the real world. Even better? Les named it for an Italian bounding fragmentation landmine. The drop-point blade has a slight recurve for excellent slicing and multi-tasking capabilities. A top swedge thins the blade at the point, improving piercing. 8Cr13MoV blade steel ensures this blade takes and holds its sharp edge. The stonewashed finish looks good, hides scratches.
You’ll get a good hold on the handle thanks to its full contouring and heavy “S” surface texture. The knife is fast and easy to open with SpeedSafe assisted opening and the built-in flipper. A sturdy liner lock secures the blade while you’re working.
The Valmara is also equipped with a pre-drilled lanyard hole and a left/right reversible pocket clip. You will appreciate how this solid, larger knife feels in your hand and how it takes on just about any task you’ve got in mind.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Liner Lock - Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife’s steel “liner,” the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade Length: 3.1" (7.9 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.1" (10.4 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.1" (18.1 cm)
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Clip Point
- Blade Finish: Stonewash
- Handle Material: Glass Filled Nylon
- Locking Mechanism: Liner Lock
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right/Left Carry
- Weight: 3.8 oz. (107.7 g)
- Designer: Les George
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
A nylon polymer that is lightweight and extremely durable, Zytel can be shaped and textured to provide excellent grip.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
$39.99On Sale: $22.95