Kershaw 3880 Thermite Assisted 3-1/2" Stonewash Plain Blade, G10 and Steel Handles
KS3880: 3880 Thermite
TACTICAL AND PRACTICAL
A thermite is a mixture that, when ignited, produces a huge amount of heat. And we think you'll agree, the Thermite is hot.
With tactical styling and practical performance, the Thermite, designed by Rick Hinderer, has a great look and great features. The Thermite offers Rick's no-nonsense functionality, but with enough style that co-workers will look on with a satisfying touch of envy when you take the Thermite out of your pocket.
The 3 1/2-in. stonewashed blade is hollow-ground for excellent slicing capabilities with a flat-ground "spanto" tip for strong piercing. A machined G-10 front scale and a heavily textured backspacer add to the Thermite's good looks. On the practical side, the back handle is stainless steel with a frame lock and lockbar stabilizer.
For easy opening, the Thermite is SpeedSafe-equipped and can be accessed with the ambidextrous flipper or thumbstud. It comes equipped with Kershaw's Quad-Carry/deep-carry pocketclip.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe® - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe® knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Quad-carry - The user may position the pocketclip for tip-up or tip-down, left- or right-handed carry.
- SpeedSafe assisted opening
- Frame lock with lockbar stabilizer
- Flipper and thumbstud
- Quad-carry; deep-carry
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, stonewashed finish
- Handle: Machined G-10 front, 410 steel back
- Blade length: 3 1/2 in. (8.9 cm)
- Closed length: 4 7/8 in. (20 cm)
- Overall length: 8 3/8 in. (21.3 cm)
- Weight: 4.9 oz.
- Made in China
UPC Code: 087171034980
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
Formed in a sheet under high pressure by combining fiberglass and an epoxy resin binder. These handles are lightweight and shaped to ensure a solid grip.
Kershaw 1660 Ken Onion Leek Assiste…
$79.99On Sale: $44.95
Boker Plus Anti-MC Folding Knife 3-…
Kershaw 1555Ti Cryo Assisted Flippe…
DPx Gear HEST 2.0 Right Handed Fold…
Kershaw 1600 Ken Onion Chive Assist…
$69.99On Sale: $39.95
Columbia River 6450S Drifter Foldin…
Zero Tolerance 0301 Assisted Flippe…
Kershaw 4035TIKVT Nura 3.5 Flipper …
$59.99On Sale: $24.95
Spyderco C123TIP Sage 2 Folding Kni…
Zero Tolerance Dmitry Sinkevich 045…
Kershaw 1660CKT Ken Onion Leek Assi…