Kershaw 3880BW Thermite Assisted Flipper Knife 3.5" Blackwash Plain Blade, G10 and Steel Handles
KS3880BW: 3880BW Thermite Blackwash
The Thermite and the Scrambler are great Kershaw models...great prices, great designs, and great quality. The addition of blackwash to the blade finish give these patterns a really cool profile, almost a menacing look. However you describe it, you're gonna like carrying it, and using it, for a long time!
The Kershaw Thermite, designed by Rick Hinderer, was introduced last year and has been in-demand ever since.
Now we’re giving it a new look with our BlackWash finish. BlackWash gives a knife that already-broken-in look—like a favorite well-worn pair of jeans. The coating provides an extra measure of protection for the metal, and the BlackWash helps hide any additional scratches you may put on the knife during normal use.
What doesn’t change is the Thermite’s tactical styling and practical performance. Rick Hinderer and Kershaw designed it to give users Rick Hinderer's no-nonsense functionality—but with enough style to be an exceptionally eye-catching knife. BlackWash just makes it more so.
The 3.5-in. blade is hollow-ground, providing excellent slicing ability. A flat-ground “spanto” tip offers strong piercing and even prying capabilities. A machined G-10 front scale and a heavily textured backspacer add to the Thermite's striking looks. On the practical side, the back handle is stainless steel with a frame lock and lockbar stabilizer for an always-secure lockup.
For easy opening, the Thermite is equipped with SpeedSafe, which can be accessed with the ambidextrous flipper or thumbstud. Kershaw’s four-position deep-carry pocketclip offers complete carrying versatility.
- SpeedSafe® - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe® knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Quad-Carry - The user may position the pocketclip for tip-up or tip-down, left- or right-handed carry.
- SpeedSafe assisted opening
- Frame lock with lockbar stabilizer
- Flipper and thumbstud
- Quad-carry; deep-carry
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, blackwash finish
- Handle: Machined G10 front, blackwashed 410 steel back
- Blade length: 3.5" (8.9 cm)
- Closed length: 4.875" (20 cm)
- Overall length: 8.375" (21.3 cm)
- Weight: 4.9 oz.
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
Formed in a sheet under high pressure by combining fiberglass and an epoxy resin binder. These handles are lightweight and shaped to ensure a solid grip.
$79.99On Sale: $35.95
$69.99On Sale: $39.95
$59.99On Sale: $24.95
$99.99On Sale: $47.95
$39.95On Sale: $24.95
$49.99On Sale: $17.95