Kershaw 4037 Dmitry Sinkevich Atmos Flipper 3" Modified Drop Point Blade, Black G10 Handles with Carbon Fiber Overlays
KS4037: 4037 Atmos Folding Knife
The blade on the ultra-refined Atmos is a slim, modified drop point with top swedge, machine satin finished on the grinds and satin sanded on the flats. The handle is lightweight G10 with a secure—and weight-reducing—inset liner lock. The handle inlay is carbon fiber, yes. But it is unlike other carbon fiber inlays you may have seen.
To ensure your experience with the Atmos is cloud-smooth and blue-sky easy, Kershaw chamfered—smoothed and angled—the edges of the insert to make sure it feels comfortable when you hold it in your hand and that it glides into and out of your pocket smoothly and easily, too.
Designed by Dmitry Sinkevich, the Atmos features Sinkevich's characteristic clean and practical design—but enhanced with extra detailing. In addition to the chamfered carbon-fiber inlay, it also has a custom oversized pivot, a backspacer with wide lanyard attachment, and a reversible, deep-carry pocket clip. This manual knife opens quickly and easily with Kershaw's KVT ball-bearing opening system. Extra detailing like this gives the Atmos a refined style that easily bridges the gap from workday to night on the town.
- Flipper - May be used with manual or assisted opening knives. Tee "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- Inset Liner Lock - A strip of stainless steel is riveted inside the knife’s handle—most commonly when the handle is a lightweight material. This enables us to create a slimmer, lighter knife, while still providing the strength and security of a locking liner.
- Manual - There is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafe, used to open the folding knife. It opens the classic, old-school way.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade Length: 3.0" (7.6 cm)
- Handle Length: 4.0" (10.2 cm)
- Overall Length: 6.9" (17.5 cm)
- Blade Steel: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Shape: Modified Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Handle Material: Black G10 with Carbon Fiber Overlay
- Locking Mechanism: Inset Liner
- Pivot Assembly: KVT Ball Bearing System
- Pocket Clip: Deep Carry Tip-Up, Right/Left Carry
- Weight: 2.0 oz. (59 g)
- Designer: Dmitry Sinkevich
- Made in China
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
Formed in a sheet under high pressure by combining fiberglass and an epoxy resin binder. These handles are lightweight and shaped to ensure a solid grip.
$39.99On Sale: $22.95