Kershaw 4700 Decoy Flipper 2.5" Black Whancliffe Blade, Zytel Handles with Rubber Inserts
KS4700: 4700 Decoy Folding Knife
This new utility knife has a secret.
But before we get to that, let’s talk about the Decoy’s more obvious qualities. For instance, it has a 2.5-inch wharncliffe blade, which is an excellent shape for a general utility knife; great for everything from breaking down boxes to opening mail. The straight edge is extra handy for tasks where you might need to bear down on something you’re cutting. The black-oxide blade finish adds a discreet look.
To open the blade, just pull back on the flipper. This is a manual opening knife, but it opens easily—and one-handed thanks to the extra-long flipper. The handle is glass-filled nylon with a textured and rubberized inlay to enhance grip. A secure locking liner keeps the blade open when in use and releases easily when you’re ready to fold the blade back into the handle. The oversized, decorative pivot adds to the Decoy’s good looks.
Now about that secret. Hidden inside the handle is a handy pair of pincers. These are built right into the handle of the knife, so there are no worries about losing them. They’re handy for picking up and holding small objects. Access the pincers with the slider in the back of the knife’s handle. Just move the slider toward the butt of the knife to pinch and hold.
A custom open-design pocket clip completes this unique—and uniquely handy—pocketknife.
- Multifunction - Has multiple blades or tools, enabling it to perform multiple functions.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- Manual - There is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafe, used to open the folding knife. It opens the classic, old-school way.
- Liner Lock - Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife’s steel “liner,” the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- Single Position - The pocket clip is in a fixed position on the knife handle; usually it is positioned for tip-down, right-handed carry, though this may vary.
- Blade Length: 2.5" (6.4 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.25" (10.8 cm)
- Overall Length: 6.75" (14.6 cm)
- Blade Material: 3Cr13 Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Wharncliffe
- Blade Finish: Black Oxide Coating
- Handle Material: Glass Filled Nylon with Rubberized Insert
- Locking Mechanism: Liner Lock
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right Carry
- Weight: 3 oz. (85 g)
- Retractable Pincers