Kershaw 5500 Collateral Assisted Folding Knife 3.25" Satin 8Cr13MoV Modified Drop Point Blade, Dark Gray Stainless Steel Handles w/ Carbon Fiber Inlay
KS5500: 5500 Collateral
SLT HIDDEN FLIPPER TAB TECHNOLOGY
SLT (Spring-Loaded Tab) technology now comes to Kershaw.
Originally created by custom knifemaker Gus T. Cecchini of GTC Knives, you may have previously seen this innovative opening mechanism on the Zero Tolerance 0055. But now, with the Collateral (model 5500), Kershaw has paired it with a Kershaw Originals design that matches its style and performance.
In many ways, the Collateral's SLT flipper works like a lot of other Kershaw flippers. The blade opens quickly and easily using SpeedSafe assisted opening. But SLT adds a twist. A short tab stays hidden within the handle when the knife is closed, protruding just enough for your finger to grab hold. To open it, pull back on the tab to a halfway position, then once more to deploy the blade. With a little practice, you can engage the flipper in a single, swift motion. Once the blade is open, the tab is once again hidden within the handle, so there's no protruding flipper to interrupt the lines of the knife's profile or to snag on any loose items in your pocket.
The Collateral's 3.25" modified drop point blade is made of 8Cr13MoV stainless steel. This quality steel takes a sharp edge, holds it, and is easy to re-sharpen when needed. The contoured handle is comfortable and provides a secure grip. The handle is finished with titanium carbo-nitride, which not only looks good but also enhances corrosion resistance. To add interest to the Collateral's overall look, Kershaw added an angled carbon fiber insert to the front handle. A reversible pocket clip lets you carry left or right-handed, and an extra-large lanyard hole makes it easy to customize the Collateral and make it your own.
- SpeedSafe Assisted Opening - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Custom lanyard hole
- SpeedSafe assisted opening
- SLT (Spring-Loaded Tab)
- Frame lock
- Reversible pocket clip (right/left tip-up)
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, satin finish, sanded flats
- Handle: Stainless steel, titanium carbo-nitride finish, carbon fiber insert
- Blade Length: 3.25" (8.3 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.5" (11.4 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.75" (19.7 cm)
- Weight: 4.6 oz. (132 g)
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
Stainless Steel knife handles provide strength and durability and look and feel great.
An affordable medium carbon stainless steel with a good balance of edge holding and corrosion resistance properties.
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
$79.99 On Sale: $39.95
$69.99 On Sale: $39.95
$59.99 On Sale: $24.95