Kershaw 5515 Gustavo GTC Cecchini Hops Assisted Bottle Opener Flipper 1.4" Two-Tone Drop Point Blade and Stainless Steel Handles
KS5515: 5515 Hops Folding Knife
The wow factor is high with the distinctive Hops from Kershaw and custom knifemaker Gustavo T. Cecchini. Gus is one of the most sought-after custom knifemakers today. He is well known for his innovative knife technologies as well as the striking lines of his custom designs.
As its name might imply, the Hops is bottle opener-equipped — it's built right into the flipper. Close the knife and pop the cap off your favorite brew.
The Hops is a compact pocketknife with an 8CR13MoV blade of just under an inch and a half. It’s the perfect size for pocket, purse, backpack, or messenger bag. Even though it's small, the Hops is a full-featured knife: SpeedSafe assisted opening, sturdy frame lock, and stainless steel handles. Both blade and handle get the Gus treatment with intriguing angles brought out by the two-tone, satin and titanium carbo-nitride, finish. The Hops is equipped with a reversible pocket clip and a lanyard hole — and that crazy clever bottle opener.
- Flipper - May be used with manual or assisted opening knives. Tee "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- Multifunction - Has multiple blades or tools, enabling it to perform multiple functions.
- SpeedSafe - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper, built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade Length: 1.40" (3.6 cm)
- Handle Length: 2.90" (7.4 cm)
- Overall Length: 4.30" (11.0 cm)
- Blade Steel: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Shape: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Two-Tone Satin/Gray PVD
- Handle Material: Stainless Steel
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right/Left Deep Carry
- Weight: 3.1 oz. (87.9 g)
- Designer: Gustavo T. Cecchini
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
Stainless Steel knife handles provide strength and durability and look and feel great.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
$79.99 On Sale: $39.95
$69.99 On Sale: $39.95
$59.99 On Sale: $24.95
$99.99 On Sale: $55.95
$200.00 On Sale: $129.95