Kershaw 5520 Gustavo GTC Cecchini Malt Assisted Bottle Opener Flipper 3" Two-Tone Tanto Blade and Stainless Steel Handles
KS5520: 5520 Malt Folding Knife
The Malt is one of two knives from Kershaw and custom knifemaker Gustavo Cecchini. It features Gus' characteristic sculpted style but also has an interesting feature that just may have been inspired by the fine brew they were sharing with Gus at the time: the Malt has a flipper that doubles as a handy bottle opener.
As one of the most sought-after custom knifemakers today, Gus is well known for his innovative knife technologies as well as the striking lines of his custom designs—clearly seen in the unique looks of the Malt.
The Malt measures in with a 3" blade and 7.1" overall length. It’s the right knife to EDC when you want your pocket bling to get a little attention. The Malt is SpeedSafe equipped, has a solid frame lock, and stainless steel handles. A two-tone treatment on blade and handle add to the Malt's distinctive look. The ever-so-clever flipper/bottle opener and a reversible pocket clip round out the Malt’s handy features.
- Multifunction: Has multiple blades or tools, enabling it to perform multiple functions.
- Flipper: May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe Assisted Opening: Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Frame Lock: A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Blade Length: 3.0" (7.6 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.3" (11.1 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.1" (18.1cm)
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Tanto
- Blade Finish: Two-Tone Satin/Gray PVD
- Handle Material: StainlessSteel
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right Carry
- Weight: 4.6 oz. (138 g)
- Designer: Gustavo T. Cecchini
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
Stainless Steel knife handles provide strength and durability and look and feel great.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
Kershaw 1660 Ken Onion Leek Assiste…
$79.99On Sale: $44.95
Boker Plus Anti-MC Folding Knife 3-…
Kershaw 1555Ti Cryo Assisted Flippe…
DPx Gear HEST 2.0 Right Handed Fold…
Kershaw 1600 Ken Onion Chive Assist…
$69.99On Sale: $39.95
Columbia River 6450S Drifter Foldin…
Kershaw 4035TIKVT Nura 3.5 Flipper …
$59.99On Sale: $24.95
Spyderco C123TIP Sage 2 Folding Kni…
Zero Tolerance Dmitry Sinkevich 045…
Kershaw 1660CKT Ken Onion Leek Assi…
Boker Plus John Kubasek Credit Card…