Shun VB0718 Sora Santoku Knife 7" Blade, TPE Polymer Handle
KSVB0718: Sora Santoku Knife VB0718
A santoku is an Asian-inspired knife that many cooks today have added to their kitchen favorites. A knife of many talents, a santoku easily handles all the basic kitchen cutting tasks. In fact, some people even prefer it to a chef’s knife. Slightly shorter than the standard chef's knife, the Shun Sora Santoku is light, agile, and very easy to maneuver. The downturned tip is typical of a santoku. A slight belly curve enables you to rock the blade slightly and makes this santoku very easy to use and very versatile.
The Shun Sora Santoku is part of the exciting Shun Sora line that provides exceptional handcrafted Shun quality at an amazing price. Sora uses Shun's proprietary Composite Blade technology to bring together a VG10 san mai cutting edge with a Japanese 420J stainless steel upper. This technology puts high-performance material exactly where it's needed—on the edge. The two blade sections are laser cut, then fit together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. Braze welding permanently joins them. The attractive wavy pattern at the joint is based on traditional Japanese sword hamon lines. While Sora's blade shapes and handle design are traditional Japanese, the textured TPE polymer handle material provides a contemporary look, secure grip and balance, and is easy to maintain.
- An Asian-style multi-purpose kitchen knife
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary Composite Blade Technology; VG10 san mai cutting core; Japanese 420J blade upper
- VG10 is clad with one layer of stainless steel on each side to create the san mai edge and provide stain resistance
- Handle: Traditional Japanese handle design in easy-care, textured TPE
- Blade length: 7 in. (17.8 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan