Messermeister Meridian Elite 23 Piece Ultra Block Set with Park Plaza Steak Knives - E/3000-23SPP
MM300023SPP: Elite 23 Piece Ultra Block Set
The Messermeister Meridian Elite 23 Piece Ultra Block Set consists of an 8" Chef's Knife (E/3686-8), 7" Kullenschliff Santoku Knife (E/3610-7K), 9" Bread Knife (E/3699-9), 8" Kullenschliff Carving Knife (E/3688-8K), 7" Straight Carving Fork (8012-7), 6" Offset Scalloped Knife (E/3644-6), 6" Utility Knife (E/3688-6), 5" Scalloped Slicing Knife (E/3677-5), 5" Boning Knife (E/3692-5), 4-1/2" Paring Knife (E/3691-4.1/2), 3-1/2" Paring Knife (E/3691-3.1/2), 3-1/2" Boning/Paring Knife (E/3692-3.1/2), 8 each of the 4-1/2" Park Plaza Mutli-Edge Steak Knife (8083-4), 10" Steel (5100-10F), Take-Apart Kitchen Scissors (DN-2070), and a 22 Slot Wood Knife Block (DKB-22N).
Manufacturer SKU: E/3000-23SPP
Made in Solingen, Germany
Messermeister is the premier brand of authentic German knives that still utilizes the original hot drop hammer forged manufacturing process. Each knife is handcrafted from the finest quality carbon steel alloy and industrial strength handle components.
Messermeister is one of our favorite knife brands and they are noted for having some of the highest standards in the industry. Founder Bernd Dressler was a true innovator and traveled the country seeking the advice of chefs, retailers, and industry professionals. Among his innovations was the first bolsterless heel and the first truly full cambered wide blade chef’s knives. He also created a sharper edge by making sure all the forged knives were ground, reground, and finished with a true polished bevel. He paid meticulous attention to detail and made sure each knife was crafted by devoted Solingen artisans, using only the finest available industrial quality components.
- One-piece, fully forged
- Hand-polished "Elite" edge
- Bolsterless edge
- Cambered chef's knife blade
- Extra-wide chef's knife blade
- Ergonomic balance
- Triple rivet "POM" handle
- Polished spine
- Granton Edge
- The Chef's blade is shaped so that it can peel, trim, slice, dice, chop, mince, vegetables, fillet fish, and cut meat. Each part of the knife is designed to perform a different task. It is the flagship of cutlery.
- The scalloped edge of the Bread knife is ideal for biting into the crust of bread and bagels, allowing a smooth slicing action without exerting pressure that can compress the slice. It is also used to slice through soft-skinned fruits and vegetables. We don't recommend cutting meat.
- The Kullenschliff Carving knife is used to both separate meat from the bone and slice it into thin serving portions while the straight Carving fork holds it steadily in place.
- The word Santoku translates as "3 good things," (virtues) which means it is versatile like a chef’s knife and cuts vegetables, fish and meat.
- The offset Utility knife is especially suitable for slicing sandwiches and breads and the scallops grip firm-exterior, soft-interior foods like fruits and vegetables.
- The scalloped Utility knife is useful when slicing smooth skin fruit or vegetables and encased tubes of meat. It is designed so that the points bite into the skin, gain traction and quickly slice through the skin and into the soft skin fruits and vegetables or processed meat.
- The primary function of the Boning knives is to separate meat from a bone.
- The Paring blades are ideal for peeling, scraping, slicing and trimming small fruits and vegetables. They are perfect for chopping garlic and ginger.
- The main cutting edge on these Steak knives is used to slice meat while the serrated tip assists in separating meat from the bone.
- Store all your knifes safely in the 22 Slot wooden block and keep them sharp by realigning their edge with the 10" fine sharpening steel.
One of the older steel Capitals of the World: Solingen, Germany produces some of the best Kitchen knives and straight razors money can buy.
A nylon polymer that is lightweight and extremely durable, Zytel can be shaped and textured to provide excellent grip.
$327.50 On Sale: $149.99