Proelia Knives TX020RB Tactical Folder 4" Blackwashed D2 Drop Point Blade, Red and Black G10 Handles
PKTX020RB: TX020RB Blackwashed Drop Point Folder, Red and Black G10
Proelia Knives are a nearly unknown brand that seems to be very much like Kizer Knives, and we think that's a good thing! The made in China tag will discourage a lot of people's interest but if you can get over that, then you're getting a top tier knife. The quality, fit, finish, and materials are those you would find on American made products or those costing twice as much. The 4" blade is made from the tough D2 tool steel and available in both a tanto and drop point design. They utilize the KVT bearing system for ultra smooth flipping action and have very comfortable, ergonomic G10 handles. Great jimping, pronounced finger choil, reinforced tip, a vertical/horizontal carry nylon sheath and an adjustment tool are all part of the package when you get a Proelia Knife. In our opinion, one of the best tactical folders on the market.
A little information from the manufacturer:
We buy the handle in China, the blade in Taiwan and assemble them here in the USA. D2 steel is one of the most outstanding knife steels available today. It is a high carbon, high chrome tool steel which is often used for the steel cutting dies in tool and die shops. With 1.5% Carbon, 1% Molybdenum, 12% Chrome, and 1% Vanadium, this air hardening steel (at 60-61HRC) has the ability to take a razor edge, and hold it!
- Each blade’s 5 step heat treatment results in more toughness with same hardness. a. Relieve stress b. Pre-heat/ Austenitized c. 1st Reheat d. Sub-zero e. 2nd Reheat
- Each knife’s liner lock is put through a carbidizing process that hardens the edge before we assemble each knife.
- Proelia Knives open and close very easily using a ball bearing system. It is not spring assisted, it’s manually opened, and is very easy to use.
- The handle is wrapped in 3-D machined G10. It is light weight, very tough and grippy. G10 has excellent dielectric loss properties, and great electrical strength.
- Proelia knives are easy to maintain by the end user. An extra pocket clip, and handle screw adjustment tool are included, as is a limited lifetime warranty.
- Blade Length: 4"
- Blade Steel: D2 Tool Steel, Blackwashed
- Thickness: 0.16"
- Overall Length: 8.75"
- Handle Material: 3D Machined Red and Black G10
- Horizontal/Vertical Carry Nylon Sheath
- Weight: 6.9 oz. Knife Only, 8.6 oz. with Sheath
- Made in China