Rick Hinderer Knives Stainless Steel South Sister Bead - B8000002TD
RHKB8000002TDSS: Stainless Steel South Sister Bead
Rick Hinderer Knives
These Copper South Sister Beads are a great way to accessorize your knife (especially your Hinderer designs) while also adding function. Having a lanyard is an easy way to extract the knife from a pocket or bag and the lanyard can also be hooked around the pinky or index finder for added security. South Sister Beads also make superb zipper pulls that can easily fit two strands of 550 paracord through the bead holes.
The Summit Series was inspired by a hiking trip to Oregon in 2012, where Rick Hinderer had the opportunity to climb Mount St. Helens. Rick Hinderer Knives wanted to start a collection, so that you could combine your personal choice of beads from their many series, and wear them on a bracelet, lanyard, or whatever you may choose!
- The South Sister is a part of the Three Sisters unit, and is the youngest and tallest volcano of the trio. The Three Sisters are located on the boundary of Lane and Deschutes County, and the Willamette and Deschutes National Forest. South Sister has an intact summit crater about 0.25 mi in diameter with a small crater lake, Teardrop Pool, which is the highest lake in Oregon. Rick Hinderer plans to climb the South Sister in the near future. The Hinderer South Sister bead resembles the mountain in that it has 3 peaks to represent each sister in the trio.
- Elevation: 10,358 ft.
- Location: Lane / Deschutes counties, Oregon, U.S.
- Type of Rock: Stratovolcanoes and shield volcanoes
- Age: < 50,000 years old
- Last Eruption: about 50 BC
- Length: 1.0"
- Width: 0.49"
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Finish: Polished
- Weight: 0.21 oz. (6 g)
- Made in the USA